personality

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Having a great well-rounded personality for your character is very important. Here is a checklist of things you should think about when you create your character personality.

▬ Flaws. Make sure to give your character good flaws. After all, they are human. These flaws will make them more human and more relatable to the writer. If you give background on how they developed the flaw then that is even better. Give an actual flaw. Clumsy is not a flaw.
Don't give them a flaw that is like "works too hard" that is not a flaw it seems condescending. Puts work over other people's needs and want. Now that's a good flaw

▬ quirky is a personality trait yes. But it is overused and needs to not be as commonly used. There are many different ways to have your character be quirky but not the stereotypical quirky. Have them be quirky in their own way. For example, give them a weird thing they collect. I'm sure all of us can relate to collecting a weird thing no one else does.

▬ well-rounded personality. You want them to have success and things they are good at but you also want them to have flaws. You need to find a good balance between the success and the flaws in their personality. No matter how out together someones look everyone has some type of flaw. No one is perfect and the reader won't relate to someone who is perfect.

While you make your character personality think about these three tips and that should help you create a well-rounded personality.