Chapter 2

{Character in picture: Melvnin Bee as Aurora LeVane}

{Song in video: Lana Del Rey - Once Upon A Dream}

I peaked my head out of the hallway, making sure no one was around, including the staff that took care of the castle. If they knew what I was about to do, I would be practically stuck to this castle for the rest of my life, without knowing anything about what happened to my mom.

When I noticed no one was in the hallway, I took my bag, and went down the staircase, then went into the kitchen. The chefs were in the Great Hall with my dad, and I assumed they were having a meeting.

I quickly grabbed some fruit and vegetables, and stuffed them in my bag. Since it was closer to the evening time, I went into the armory room, which had different types of swords, and other weapons. I needed at least a sword since I didn't know what I would encounter. I grabbed it, and put it into a sheath.

I dashed outside of the castle, and sighed as I walked toward the enchanted forest. I already knew how to get in past the walls surrounding it. I would have to climb the tree, and then hop to the next tree that was over the walls.

When I stood by the walls, I saw Aurora standing there with her arms crossed, having a bag, and a sword and sheath. "I'm going with you," she suddenly said, having a serious facial expression.

I gave her a look of disbelief. "I don't know, Aurora. We may not be able to come back. I don't want to risk the both of us not being able to come back, or even worse, dying."

"Elowen, I can't let you go in by yourself." She sighed. "I'm going with you, and that is final. I already had told at least the mischievous merchant about where we were headed, so at least everyone else would know where we did go."

I gave her a look, and gasped. "What if he tells everyone right now?"

She shook her head. "He wouldn't. I paid him. Even if he is, we're going to leave soon anyways."

I sighed as I looked back at the castle. "I'm going to miss all of them. I know my father will be so sad, and so will everyone else." My eyes teared up, but I blinked them back again. "I have to find my mother though."

Aurora and I climbed up the tree, and then hopped onto the next tree over the walls with some difficulty.

As we climbed down the tree, we saw the portal. It looked the same as I remembered it, a glowing blue and silver circle.

"Wow," Aurora said in awe as we walked closer to it. "It's so beautiful."

"It is indeed." I nodded my head, then turned to her. "Ready?"

She gave me a nod. "On the count to three."

I sighed. "One."

"Two."

"Three."

We both held hands as we jumped into the portal. We landed into the most beautiful forest I had ever seen. The forest was misty, and slightly windy with cooler air. It was colorful, and had colorful indigo blue trees with a colorful pink sky above.

"This place is so beautiful," I said in awe, smiling.

Aurora grinned. "It is. This place doesn't seem bad," she said.

I looked around, noticing there was no portal. My face slightly fell as I thought about everyone in Crasmere. "Well, let's go on, and walk. Hopefully, we meet someone here, who is not harmful, of course."

We walked a few minutes into the forest, and we suddenly heard rustling in the bushes nearby. Aurora and I got our swords out, slowly and quietly walking, as we tried to figure out what the noise was, and where it was coming from.