Prologue

{Character in picture: Ann Kuleshova as Elowen Levesque}

{Song in video: Adrian von Ziegler - The Sealed Kingdom}

I woke up to the sound of screaming that came from outside of the castle. I gasped, not knowing what to do since it was still dark outside. I went to peak by the window, and I saw my dad, King Origin, who looked so upset that he was crying.

It was unusual for my dad to cry, so I quickly walked down the stairs, then walked out of the castle so I could hear what was going on.

"Aurelia went in the portal!" My dad cried out loud to Castiel, who was the chamberlain.

"I am so sorry, my king," Castiel quietly said to him, closing his eyes.

Aurelia, the queen, was my mother, so I was frozen in disbelief at first, but then I started crying. I ran over to my dad, "Where is mom?" I cried.

"Elowen," My dad started to say, tears falling out of his eyes. "Your mother went into the portal. I tried stopping her when I saw her, but it was too late. I am so sorry." He gave me a hug as we cried together.

For the twelve years I had been alive, everyone in our town of Crasmere had heard of the portal in the enchanted forest next to our castle. Everyone was told to never to go in that forest, and especially never to go inside of the portal. The rumors and legends were was that if anyone went into the portal, they could never come back. There were also rumors that it was a magical beautiful world called Segovia, but it was filled with mythological creatures and beings such as unicorns, faeries, mermaids, sirens, the faceless, the bunny people, and the women in black cloaks, who supposedly worked for an evil queen who ruled that world. We didn't know how or why the portal existed.

---

When we attended my mom's funeral, who deep down I felt as if she were still alive in Segovia on the other side of the portal, my dad ordered that the walls be built around the enchanted forest, and that it would be blocked off. If anyone were to violate those rules, they would have to pay a heavy fine. Books about the portal and the other world were also banned.

From then on, I watched the men build a wall, and every single evening until it was done being built, I would secretly sneak off to look at the portal for a bit.

It had glowed in a blue and silver circle that was one foot in width, and about three feet off of the ground. I would often talk to my mother to it, hoping she could somehow hear me in the other world.

For the longest time, I had wondered why she would just leave us to go into that portal, so there were times I was mad at her, but I still knew my mom. I knew there must have been a serious reason that she would have went into the portal into that world, leaving us behind.

That was also why I began going to a mischievous merchant who kept the banned portal and Segovia books. In return, I had to give him some of the clothes that were at the castle.

From the day my dad and I discovered my mom went into the portal to Segovia, I had vowed that I would go into the portal to the other world when I turned eighteen to go find her.

**********

A/N: This is a new story I'm working on, which is a fantasy story. This is the first time I'm writing in this genre :)

I hope you all enjoy this so far.

READ

VOTE

COMMENT