New Year's

This one's pretty short, but it's a continuation of the previous one (more or less), and I really didn't want to make the two chapters into one, so here you go!

"Remember to stay in bed, and get a lot of rest. You need to get to the Graf Zeppelin's hospital in three weeks, to get your cast removed." 
Hiroki understood everything clearly. He nodded and thanked the doctor, shaking his hand, then he started walking Michael outside. 
"So, how are you feeling today?" Hiroki asked. 
"Ah, I'm pretty good. And I'm also relieved that I get to go home right on New Year's Eve." Michael answered, smiling casually. 
"Yeah, I'd forgotten. Thank me I made up some time to come pick you up, I've been cooking all day for tonight." Hiroki joked, winking at his son. 
"Ah yeah, we're having Koume's family over for dinner tonight…" Michael remembered. At the mere thought of seeing Koume again, he blushed visibly and felt a warm sensation all over his body. He hadn't seen her since the day after his accident, and to his surprise he missed her a little.
"We are. I believe you don't want to see them, since you're so tired and you need rest…" Hiroki said with a smug look.
"Huh? No, you're wrong! Aaah, I mean…no, like…" 
"Gotcha."
Hiroki chuckled lightly and shook his head at the thought of his son having a crush on a girl for the first time. Michael kind of reminded him of himself when he was young. 
"Fine, you win…" Michael muttered, looking down. 
"Ah, so you do admit you like her." Hiroki said satisfied. Michael bit his lip, cursing himself, and looked at his father, muttering a "yes" under his breath.
"Michael, there's nothing to be ashamed about liking somebody, you know. It's completely normal to…wish to be with a person, and spend time with them, and other stuff. It's a humane thing, about which nobody should feel ashamed. Plus, this is a great opportunity for you. She's your schoolmate, she lives in the same city as you, she's nice, she's pretty, and most importantly…she fell head over heels for you." 
Michael reflected for a second on what his father had said and he realized that it was the truth.
"Well…it seems like you cracked the case. Great job, detective Shigure." Michael joked, sighing. 
"Thank you, Michael. My advice is simple: give it a shot. I know that maybe you don't want to lose the friendship you have, but if she ever finds somebody else, you'll regret not having told her for a very long while, trust me." Hiroki continued, reassuring Michael quite a bit. 
"Okay, dad…thanks for the advice." Michael muttered, once again feeling grateful for having such an awesome father.
"Kein Problem." Hiroki answered, with a bit of a Japanese accent. 
"Heh, right…I can't wait to be back home." 

_-_-_-_-_-_-

After dinner, 11.55 PM 

_-_-_-_-_-_-

"So, did you have fun tonight?" Michael asked smiling. 
"I did! Plus, your dad is an amazing cook!" Koume answered pretty loudly. The two were in Michael's bedroom, chatting like they loved to do. Michael was finally starting to give in to his feelings, and to realize he actually liked Koume. He couldn't deny his own feelings for her, and he knew it very well. She made him feel butterflies in his stomach, and more. 
"Ah, he's had to learn. His wife left him 7 years ago." Michael reminded Koume. 
"Right!" 
The two looked at each other in silence for a minute or so, with only the dim light from Michael's bedside lamp providing some scarce illumination. The atmosphere was really nice, and so was the mood. Michael then resumed the conversation with a stupid but funny joke. They kept on talking and talking, and at some point one of the most classic and embarrassing subjects for teenagers as brought up: relationships.
"Have you ever…had a girlfriend, Michael?" Koume asked at some point, blushing a little. 
"Eh? N-no…and you? Have you ever had a boyfriend?" 
Koume shook her head and blushed more, biting her bottom lip. At that point Michael wanted to make a move or something, but he didn't find the courage to. Koume found it, on the other hand. 
"No…but there's always a first time for everything, right?" Koume asked, hopeful.
"W-well…yeah, but d-do you mean…" Michael stuttered, knowing that the time was coming. He felt like he was psychologically prepared for what was about to happen.
"Michael…I…I've been meaning to tell you for a while now, and…I think I've got feelings for you…" Koume whispered, as her face became even redder. She knew Miho liked Michael too, but at that point she didn't really care. Her feelings were too strong to hold back any longer. 
"Koume…you're serious?" Michael asked, still stupidly reluctant. Since Michael wasn't believing her, she kissed him very intensely, as best as she could. It was her first kiss, and Michael's first kiss too. As Koume broke away, she bit her lip again, with a face that made her look like she was in a trance. Michael thought she looked beautiful at that moment. She was wearing a red shirt and black jeans, so nothing too fancy, but Michael didn't care. 
"Michael…can you let me be selfish?" Koume asked. 
"S-sure…" Michael whispered, in shock. Koume then kissed him again. 
"Can you…do that again?" Michael then said, his head starting to spin. He felt something stirring deep inside of him. As Koume kissed him for the third time, he slowly started moving his hands to reach Koume and pulled her to him. As Koume hugged him back, he started shaking just a little. He broke away and looked at her again, pronouncing four simple words, which made the two blush even more. 
"Can I…kiss you?" 
As Koume answered with a convinced "yes", Michael took a deep breath and leaned in, joining their lips in a long and heartfelt kiss another time. At that point, he was no longer thinking clearly. He felt Koume was able to move something deep inside of him, that nobody else could. For the first time in his whole life, he felt something similar to happiness. Suddenly, as the two were kissing, Michael’s alarm started beeping, making him jump back. He then realized he'd gotten scared for no reason, since the alarm clock was beeping only to announce it was midnight. But it wasn’t only midnight. 
“Happy new year.” Michael said kindly. 
“Happy new year.” Koume repeated, leaping into Michael’s arms. 
As Michael’s father was walking to his son’s room to call him and Koume to the living room, he saw the two hugging, and decided not to disturb them. He smiled proudly and closed the door, being careful not to make a noise. 
Finally, Michael. You did it."