St. Gloriana

Hey Miho-Chan!" 
Miho recognized the voice calling her from behind. She turned around and stood up, smiling at Koume.
"Hey Koume-Chan! Are you excited for the match?" 
Koume nodded energetically and smiled. She was a bit nervous for sure, but that was normal. Excitement stood out above everything else. 
"Of course! Even though our opponent is going to be tough, I trust in my tank and my crew!" Koume explained happily.
"That's good to hear. I'm not as confident as you are though…" Miho mused, squeezing her hands together. 
"Oh why not? You've got a Tiger!" 
"Yeah, but…I heard St. Gloriana has a new tank…and it's most likely not going to be another Matilda…" Miho muttered. 
"Oh, do you know what it is?" 
"I don't…we've only been able to gather this: it's got a long barrel 76. And that worries me, since it will probably be a 17 pounder…" 
"Well, one tank won't make that big a difference, right? We're Kuromorimine, for crying out loud! We'll crush them!" Koume yelled clenching her fist. And at that point, Miho realized that she was making too much of a fuss about St. Gloriana's new mystery tank.
"You know…maybe you're right, I'm worrying too much. Uh…have you seen…Michael anywhere?" Miho asked blushing a little. Koume couldn't hide her amusement in what Miho'd just said. 
"You have a gigantic crush on him, don't you?" She asked, winking. Miho's face heated up even more, and she started stuttering incomprehensible words. 
"Oh come on! I see the way you look at him, you know! You're head over heels for him aren't you?" 
"Ah! N-no…I don't like him…I mean, I do, but I-" 
"Hey it's alright, Miho-Chan, I won't tell anybody! The only one who should talk about your feelings to him is you. You should give it a go. By the way, sorry to leave you so suddenly but I have to get the tank ready for the match, so I'll see you later!" 
Koume winked at Miho again and walked off, leaving the latter frozen in place with an astonished look. 
"Bye…" 
Miho came back from the dead a few seconds after, and let out a long and nervous sigh. 
"He'd never like me…he's on a whole different level from me…" 
She sighed again and sat down on her Tiger's turret, waiting for her crew to come. 
"Maybe…maybe one day. But not today." She muttered to herself, shaking off any thoughts unrelated to the upcoming match.
"Yeah. Not today."

_-_-_-_-_-_-

Meanwhile, at St. Gloriana’s HQ… 

_-_-_-_-_-_-

She let out a pleased “hmm” after tasting her tea. The temperature was just right, and she’d put the perfect amount of sugar in it, like always. Then, a girl suddenly stepped in the tent. She was pretty tall, with long blonde hair and blue eyes. 
“Ah, Assam. Tell me, what brings you here?” The girl asked with her cup of tea still in hand. The girl named Assam smiled smugly and cocked her head. 
“Lady Darjeeling, all the preparations for the match have been completed.” Assam announced, proudly. Darjeeling gently laid down her cup of tea, not before taking another sip, and turned her poker face to a sly grin. 
“Very good. I will let the Commander know at once.” 
Darjeeling stood up gracefully and walked out of the tent, making an ample gesture of her hand. As she coursed through the headquarters, she felt a rising sense of determination and excitement build up inside her. She was going to see her Commander, the person she admired the most in the whole school, and maybe in the world. That was excluding historic figures, of course.
She reached the Commander’s new tank, taking a good look at it.
“It looks just as graceful and slender as a Cromwell…” She commented, as she looked for the Commander. She went around the back of the tank and found her with a cup of tea in her hand, staring dead in front of her. 
“Ah, my favorite disciple and Vice-commander. What brings you here, Darjeeling dear?” The Commander said as she noticed Darjeeling coming, turning to look at her. The commander of St. Gloriana’s tankery team that year was a promising blonde haired, light gray eyed girl, who’d achieved outstanding results in the 61st annual Senshado tournament. Her name was Earl Grey. 
“Commander, all the preparations have been completed. All the tanks are in perfect conditions, and the team’s morale is high.” Darjeeling reported, calmly and collectively. 
“I see…” Earl Grey muttered, with a melancholic smile. Seeing Earl Grey’s expression, Darjeeling took a step closer and ended up beside her commander. 
“Is something the matter, Commander?” She asked quietly.
“Ah, it’s nothing…just the fact that this will be my last year here in St. Gloriana. I’ve built so many friendships, and so many good memories here. It always makes me melancholic. But I suppose that when one door in life closes, another one stands out in front of you, ready to be opened.” Earl Grey reflected. 
“Wise words, Commander. But nothing forbids you from opening some of your past’s closed doors, every now and then.” Darjeeling added, with a clever look on her face. 
“Yes…indeed. I’m expecting a lot from you, Darjeeling, remember.” Earl Grey reminded her second in command. 
“I am aware, Commander. I won’t let down your expectations.” Darjeeling answered passionately. Earl Grey turned to take a warm and welcoming look at Darjeeling, making her blush a little. 
“I know you won’t, my dear Darjeeling.” She said taking another sip of her tea. Darjeeling was immediately able to smell the tea’s aroma. 
“Commander…isn’t that tea…Earl Grey?” She asked, knowing very well she was right. Earl Grey also knew what Darjeeling was thinking. She’d mentored her since her first days in St. Gloriana. 
“Of course it is, Darjeeling. I have a feeling the match of today will be quite interesting.”