Chapter 3

Jay had decided not to tell Susan. She loved her as a sister but she knew it sounded quite strange.Talk of fairies and princesses was middle school nonesense and she wasn't sure Susan would believe it, Heck, she wasn't even sure she believed it! It was a pleasant walk to Bell's with just her and her thoughts. The snow was falling more lightly than before and Jay loved the feel of the cold flakes on her skin. Before, she knew it, she was already at Bell's the signature golden bell above the door rang to announce her arrival. The small cafe and bakery was never empty and today, it was bustling with customers. Families, couples, and friends sat chatting and laughing while drinking in Jay's opinnion, the best hot cocoa in the world.

                 At their usual booth sat Susan, even while frowning, she still looked gorgeous. she was drinking hot cocoa and flipping through a magazine though she hated them. Jay sat at the other side of the booth and guiltily looked at Susan. "I'm Sowy" she said pouting and Susan smiled, never one to remain upset for long. "fine, but you are paying today" she said. Suddenly, a cute waiter came to take their order. He had black hair that was flying in all directions, playful green eyes and a cheeky grin. "May I take your order?" He asked in a clear brittish accent. yes you may! thought Jay but she said nothing as she was too busy fawning over him to reply. 

                    Susan rolled her eyes and placed the order for both of them. "two hot cocoa's, one cream puff, two vanilla cupcakes and a cookie lover's plate, don't hold the marshmallows." she said  in one long rambling sentence. The boy smiled and winked at Jay before he went off to the kitchen. For a moment Jay completely forgot about the fact that she was a weird fairy with a quest to find her princess mother, she just thought about bright green eyes.

                    Susan snapped her fingers in front of jay. "hello earth to Jay?, I only have 30 minutes!' Jay remembered that unlike her, susan's social calender was packed. several times, Susan had tried desperately to fit her into it, but Jay never really did. She missed the times when it was just her and Susan. A wave of nostalgia hit her and she stretched across the table to hug Susan. Susan hugged back before bringing out her phone to check her appointments. "I have to meet Daniel at 4;00" she said, rolling her thumb to flick to the next time. "I have tea with Laura at 5:15" she continued then groaned. Laura was her mom. When her parents divorced, she went to live with her dad and step-mom, who she loved more than her real mom.

                    Jay often described Laura as 'eccentric'. She lived in a flat in the city, one hour away. She had an on again, off again boyfriend. Susan's good looks came from Laura who was an actor, Susan seemed to be the only person who didn't like Laura, or Aria Spark, which was her screen name. At that moment a diffrent person came with their orders, she had to struggle to conceal her sigh of dissapointment. Susan didn't conceal her sad sigh. "sorry Laura gotta cancel" she muttered to herself before clicking the tiny red x by the side of the notification bubble.

                  "still up for frozen?" asked Susan before sipping her hot cocoa. "yes!" shrieked Jay, truly happy. It wasn't often Susan canceled her plans because of her. "so you have the hots for jade boy over there?" asked Susan. It took Jay a moment to understand before a flash of recognition flickered on her face, jade boy; the waiter with green eyes. She turned to the kitchen to look for him, he was gone, like a dream. As Jay sipped her hot cocoa, the familiar taste of cocoa goodnesss and marshmallow rushed down her throat. She wished she had a camera to keep the moment forever, her and susan, sipping cocoa at Bell's in the winter.

                       All to soon, the moment was gone. Susan's phone beeped and she shot up leaving her leftovers at the table, a first for her. Despite her slim figure, she loved snacks of all kinds. "air kiss!" she said, blowing a kiss at Jay before grabbing her clutch bag and promising to meet at 5:15 for frozen. Jay waved back but she was already gone. She stayed back a few minutes to finish her hot cocoa before dumping the rest of the snacks (neatly packaged) in her school bag. Just before she could leave, the boy with the green eyes appeared at the table. "i'm off shift mind if i join you?" he said. Before Jay could nod, he was sitting opposite her. The sun was up, melting the snow a bit and in the sunlight, his black hair was a warm brown color.

                        Conversation flowed easily and she soon found out a few things about him. His name was Robyn and he was a senior at their school. He was funny, and very smart.  Before she knew it, it was 4:45. "I've got to be going!" she said and he nodded "goodbye Jay" he said and he kissed her cheek and went off. Jay couldn't believe it. she felt bubbly and warm and everything in between. She thought of cliche romance books and kisses in cafe's skipping down the road humming "love is an open door" from the disney movie frozen. Boy do I have a story for Susan! she thought and for that moment to Jay, the world was perfect.