Find a Local Church to Attend

This is extremely important!! You need to challenge yourself to attend church every Sunday, even if you go by yourself. I recommend finding a friend (or even your roommate) to go with you to church every week.

Depending on where your college is located, there should be at least one or two churches that are within walking distance (if you don't have a car). Start out by attending a few different churches to find one that you like. If you're a little hesitant to go in person right away, just find an online service to watch! But it's important to eventually attend in person because gathering together in community is a necessity in the Christian faith:

"And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near." (Hebrews 10:24-25 ESV)

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." (Proverbs 27:17 ESV)

"And they [Christians of the early Church] devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers...And all who believed were together and had all things in common...And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having favor with all the people." (Acts 2:42, 44, 46-47a ESV)

Once you find a church that you enjoy going to, get involved! This is what I did and honestly, it helped me out a lot! I started looking forward to Sundays and seeing the people there that I had begun to form relationships with. And this all helped me to have a lot more motivation during the week.

An easy way to find out what churches are in your area is to simply Google "churches near [the name of your college]." Then you can find their address and website!!

If you have any questions about going to church, finding a church, or really anything, just drop it in the comments!