Can't You See

'Darn apples', Kim cursed as she picked up rolling apples across the floor of the vegetable section of the supermarket. She accidentally knocked off one big basket while reaching out for oranges on the top shelf.

          'Tasty though', an amused voice behind her said, and Kim felt her heart skipped a beat as she turned to see from whom the intrusive comment came. In front of her is a man whom she had never seen before, he was tall, pale, with broad shoulders, dark hair and has big feet. He was busy picking up stray and rolling apples down the floor that she couldn’t see his face. She just stood there and watched him, looking too stricken to react.

 The stranger straightened up and Kim saw that boy he was tall, like 6 ft or more tall, he hand her one apple and smiled at her charmingly, ‘Better be more careful next time missy’.

           'Thanks', she nodded, and stared for one full uneasy minute, before turning to leave, unable to think of anything else to say.

           'A coffee and an apple pie would do', said the stranger.

           She stopped and looked back and weighed if he meant what he said. When she realized that he seemed serious, annoyance shot up through her. 

 'I said THANKS', she said pointedly and turned to her heel to leave when she heard him spoke again.

           'If you ever change your mind I'll be at Calypso's round the corner. It’ll be a pleasure to have a company with such beauty as yours.’

           Feeling all gratefulness draining away from the way he’s hitting on her, she faced him just in time to catch his smirk while checking her back. She faced him fully, put her free hand on her hip, while the other one grip tightly on her grocery basket, stared at him hard, raised an eyebrows and said sarcastically,  ‘I do hope you enjoy what you’re seeing Mister’.

           ‘Oh, I’ve seen more attractive package, but yours seems interesting enough’, the stranger replied coolly, and checked her out openly. He looked down at her dainty small feet which were clad on white ballet flats, to her long legs exposed by her shorts, to her narrow waist, he gazed a little longer on her full bosoms, before gazing up at her furious face. He gave her a malicious smile. She can feel that her face is almost the same shade of the apples she knocked over a while back.

 ‘Were you of legal age already? You seemed like you just got out of high school, I’d hate to think that I’m lusting over a minor. Though with that razor-sharp but cute chinky eyes, that seem to cut me into hundred pieces, tsk, and with those luscious lips I can tell I need not worry about.’

 His eyes were twinkling with malice as he spoke and he looked alternately at her dark eyes which were flashing dangerously and her thin lips that appeared thinner from her effort to control that ugly feeling she started to feel over the obnoxious stranger standing before her.

 'Wonder if you ever manage to get out from high school yourself Mister, considering your manners, I bet they threw you out.' Kim shot back venomously and continued to stalk away from the stranger.