twenty five

Double update :)

-jennie-

I feel so dizzy and nervous even after her eyes were shifted away from me. The way she stared at me... It was as if my presence was a surprise to her, but not something that she would waste time on analyzing why.

Of course she knew I could possibly be here tonight, but it's something else....

They were unreadable and distant.

"Jesus," Rosé muttered under her breath.

"Yeah?" Jisoo too was breathless, blinking rapidly before turning to Rosé who just shook her head in amusement.

"That was," Rosé breathed out awkwardly, turning her eyes back to Lisa who is still delivering her speech, "Intense."

Everyone clapped when she's done. I forced myself to applaud too... but it weighed deeper inside when I realized she's heading towards some girl. She's stunning, and Lisa laughed when the girl whispered something on her ear.

I quickly looked away.

By the look Jisoo and Rosé are giving me, I already know they've seen in my face how my heart dropped.

I should've been fine with it. Lisa's not mine anymore and it's been months since we last talked.

After all this time, why have my feelings never changed?

Maybe this is my punishment for breaking her heart. She get to move on while I stand right in the same place I have always been, watching someone else make her happy.

"Jennie Kim."

My train of thoughts were interrupted by that familiar voice.

I spun around and confirmed it was indeed Jaebeom, looking dashing in his suit. He flashed me a smile in response to my widened eyes.

"Oh God, JB," I muttered, giving him a small hug.

"Yeah," he chuckled, sighing as he studied my face appreciatively, "Oh God."

"Please," Rosé rolled her eyes.

Jaebeom ignored her, still smiling at me, "How was New York? It's been so long, Jennie! Look at you," his face flushed, "You're—well, you've always been beautiful."

I smiled a little, not being able to take his compliment well as my mind is somewhere else still.

"Mr. Im," a cold voice called for him.

I shuddered at that awfully familiar voice, the hair at the back of my neck prickling.

I haven't even lifted my eyes to her yet, this upclose, but my chest is already tightening.

"Miss Manoban, congratulations," Jaebeom's formal greeting and shift to a strict businessman tone surprised Jennie, "I'm looking forward to business with you."

"Likewise," she simply replied.

To say that the atmosphere went awkward is an understatement. Even Jisoo and Rosé seem stiff beside me.

"Nice speech you got there Pokpak," Rosé tried to ease off the tension, giving Lisa a light embrace.

With a final sip on my drink, I gathered all the courage to finally look her in the eyes.

She's staring at Rosé with a smile playing on her lips, "Don't act as if I didn't rehearse right in front of you."

She looks gorgeous, dangerously gorgeous and happy.

"I applauded hard, you know," Jisoo was the next one to speak, leaning in a bit for a small hug like Rosé did.

Lisa chuckled, "I knew I can count on you Chu."