8

You froze. Did you...love...Levi? Is that why you felt so jealous whenever other girls were around him? IS that why your heart ached when he wasn't near?

"I...Love...Levi..."you brought a hand to your mouth, tears forming in your eyes. Just admitting that sent your hear soaring in your chest and a warm, bubbly, feeling spread throughout your being. "Tch. I am NOT gonna let some...bitch have him!"

You turned to Suzanne with a smile. "Yes. I know I love him." 

"No you just realized it." she said.

"Eh?"

"I know the two of you aren't really engaged,"she whispered. "But I did know that you fell for him. And fell pretty hard, I might add."

"I-im sorry!" you quickly bowed your head.

"For what?"

"Lying..." you stated.

"Not to worry! I'll help you out! Before your wedding I will make sure Levi falls for you that way the feelings aren't one-sided. Even Sebastian knows about this. He figured it out after I did," she said. You blushed and scratched your cheek.

"Uh...thanks," you muttered. Suzanne took you by the hand and led you to where all the men were at.

"Sebastian!" Suzanne called. All the men looked over at you and Suzanne, who was waving her hand. Sebastian left the men and walked over to the two of you.

"So hows it going?" she asked.

"Well all I can say is that (y/n) is the talk of all the men. Some have even challenged Levi for your hand in marriage. Safe to say that Levi was getting rather annoyed about this. He may have even been a little jealous,"Sebastian smirked when you looked away with a blush.

"Ya right," you grumbled.

"Hey Levi~ Have you and your finance bedded yet?" One of the men called, making sure you could hear.

"No," he answered.

"Maybe I will be the first one to bed her!" he laughed after throwing a wink in your direction. You glanced at Levi who was glaring at the laughing man.

"Maybe...there is hope.."you thought with a small smile of your own. 

~Timeskip~

You had just finished folding the laundry when someone appeared beside you.

"Hey,"

You jumped and spun around."Levi don't scare me like that!"

You stared at him for a moment before putting a hand to your mouth to keep from laughing.

"Its not funny!" he mumbled.

"Why are you so dirty?" It was true. Levi Rivaille, Mr. Clean Freak, was covered in head to toe in dirt and mud.

"Tch. The other guys took me out in the woods to go hunting. Since it had rained the night before it was muddy and there was a lot of crawling through the mud," he explained and slumped his shoulders.

"Come on," you grabbed his hand and led him inside. Levi let you drag him along. You grabbed the things he needed and took him to the showers.

"Thanks,"he said taking the clothes and closing the door. You were half expecting him to poke his head out asking you to join him with that smirk on his face.

"Ya right," you thought going back to finishing up chores.

~With Levi~

Levi stripped off his clothes and stepped into the warm water. He let out a sigh of content. Most of the dirt was rinsed off his body when he stood beneath the shower head. After washing himself squeaky clean, he just stood there, thinking about the events of the day.

~Flashback~

"Hey Levi!" Sebastian called. Levi turned towards him with his usual stoic expression. "Here after a bit the guys and I are going hunting and we want you to come along. As long as you and your fiance are staying here, the two of you are expected to help out around here." Levi felt a pang through his chest.

Fiance.The word stuck out like a sore thumb. 

"Hello? Earth to Levi!" He blinked and saw a hand waving in front of his face.

"I'll go." he said knocking his hand away.

"Alright. Come on you gotta meet the guys!" And so Levi found himself with the guys moments later.

"Levi is that girl REALLY your finance?" one of them men asked.

"Yes,"he snapped.

"Heh. You're not married yet. So I am challenging you!" he grinned. Levi remembered that his name was Jacob.

"Challenge?" Levi looked to Sebastian for an explanation.

"Yes. Men here will challenge others for a womans hand in marriage. If Jacob were to win then he would have the privilege to marry her." Sebastian explained.

Levi shot a deadly glare at Jacob who was only inspecting his sword innocently. 

"Your on." Levi hissed. "Why should I care? It's not like any of this is real." Levi felt protective over you. He did not want any other man to lay a finger on you. Especially since he heard the things they say about bedding a woman and such. It disgusted him.

~End Flashback~

Levi sighed. Why did he accept the challenge? Why didn't he just let him have you? Why did he want to protect you all of a sudden? To hold you in a never ending embrace. Why did his heart beat rapidly with just the mere thought of you? He sighed again and turned the water off. He dried off and changed into a pair of clean clothing.

Levi stepped out of the bathroom and was greeted by the silence of the house. Sebastian, Suzanne and you were outside doing who knows what. 

When he found you, he pulled you away from Suzanne. "We need to talk."

You felt a sudden sense of dread overcome you. 

"O-ok..." he pulled you away. Somewhere where no one would over hear.

"We need to get out of here soon." he said.

"I know...but they won't let us leave..." you looked to the ground.

"I know. The entire village is excited about a wedding and I have problems concerning that as well." he ran a hand through his still wet hair.

"Like what?"

"One of the guys, Jacob, challenged me for your hand in marriage. If I lose then he gets to marry you and you have to stay here forever and I will not leave you here alone with those pigs," he said. This warmed your heart.

"Ya. It seems that some of the village girls have a thing for you as well..."you said.

"We need to get this...ceremony...over with." he grabbed your hand once again and pulled you to where Sebastian and Suzanne were.

"Sebastian." Levi said.

"What is it?"

"I want to get married as soon as possible." he stated. It probably took a lot of guts to say this. This wasn't going to be a staged wedding. It was going to be the REAL thing. Meaning they would actually be married...