Part 11

There was a long silence after Nanon asked Ohm what they were doing.

After a while, Nanon broke the silence.

"I'd better go," he said, picking up his phone and wallet on the table.

Ohm hugged him from behind.

"Non, I'm sorry," he said.

"You did nothing wrong. I kissed you back, remember?"

"I'm sorry I can't tell you exactly what I want right now. I just know I wanted to kiss you so bad."

"It's fine," Nanon said, breaking free from Ohm's hug. "I'm not sure about what I'm feeling either."

Nanon started walking towards the door.

"Nanon, before you go I need you to promise one thing."

Nanon stopped and turned around. "What is it?"

"Whatever happens, wherever our feelings take us, please promise me we will still be bestfriends."

Nanon smiled. "Of course, Ohm. That will never change. We made a promise back in grade school remember?"

Ohm smiled back. "We will never give up on our friendship."

"Yep. We're just teenagers now. We will do many stupid things. And we still have many years ahead of us. We will surely have more fights in the future. But at the end of the day, we will always have each other's back."

"I want to hug you again," Ohm said.

"No, don't. We might end up doing way more than that," Nanon teased.

"No problem. I'm ready," Ohm replied with a naughty look.

Nanon just raised his eyebrow and walked out.

Ohm was left laughing.

---

Jane walked cautiously into the coffee shop in front of USC's main gate that morning. It was around 10am so there were already quite a few students hanging out inside.

She checked her phone and read the message again: "Hi Jane, I'm Joss's friend. Please meet me at the Dragon Café tomorrow at 10am. I have something important to tell you."

Jane looked around, surveying the place. Most of the people there were students and were wearing their uniforms. There was one lady who stood out from the crowd. She was so beautiful that even Jane's eyes automatically drifted to her direction.