Part 10

Nanon just finished some drills and was resting at the bleachers, reading posts on IG when he saw Namtan's latest post: It was a bouquet of blue roses with the caption, "Thanks, Jeremy!"

Nanon studied the post for a while before calling Ohm who was busy doing shooting practice.

"What is it?" Ohm asked, sweat dripping down his face. His wet shirt clung to his toned body, showing his chest and six-pack abs. Nanon swallowed while staring at his best friend's body. Why does he have to be this hot, he thought. Good thing Ohm was too busy wiping his sweat to notice.

"Who's Jeremy?" Nanon asked, showing Ohm his phone.

"I don't know. Must be Namtan's new suitor," Ohm answered casually.

"Uhm, you ok?"

"Non, I already told you. Namtan and I have ended things well. I'm happy for her."

Nanon shrugged, "Okay then. Just don't call me late at night crying, ok?"

Ohm laughed. "Really? You're the one teasing me about these things?"

"Why? It's one of the very few perks of being your best friend. I can tease you as much as I want."Ohm ignored Nanon's last statement and looked around making sure no one could hear their conversation.

"Non, can I talk to you about something serious right now?" he asked while taking a seat beside Nanon.

"Sure, what is it?" Nanon responded without much thought.

"I saw Chimon kissing you last Saturday night," Ohm whispered.

Nanon immediately looked around to check if someone could hear them. He avoided Ohm's stare.

"And I heard your conversation too. I'm sorry."

Nanon didn't respond right away. He fidgeted with his fingers for a while.

"Uhm," he finally said. "I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything," Ohm put his arm around him. "I just want you to know that I know what happened. And you can talk to me about it. Anytime. Keeping secrets has never worked for us so let's avoid those things as much as possible. I'm here for you, Non. I want to be the first person you talk to when these things happen."

"Okay," Nanon replied.

He remembered what happened that night and felt a bit awkward being so close to Ohm. He thought about what Chimon had said, did he ever feel hot when Ohm was so close to him like this? He quickly glanced at Ohm who was half-hugging him at the time.

He gently pushed him away. "Your sweat is all over me Ohm. Go away!" he said.