Chapter one

Sarah's POV

In the midst of October, Halloween is just around the corner and everyone at Cooperstown Central high school is getting ready for the Monster Bash. Yeah, the Monster Bash where everyone gets ready for the celebration where the vampires that live around the town.

As soon as a vampire is present, everyone freaks out and stays at least fifty feet away from them. Scurrying to their classes as fast as they could. It felt weird and scary that the vamp kids come to school and not crave for blood. Actually, they each have some sort of item to keep them from craving our blood.

There's a band, a necklace or a belt that the vamp kids wear. From what I heard, it's to keep them from going on a rampage for our blood type. If they crave it, whatever they have will shock them. From what I heard.

I'm Sarah Harper, a junior in high school and 16 years old. I'm a lonely child with great friends. I try to stay away from the vampires as well but can't when it comes to classes. Everyone hates them and they hate us, win win. We hate them because they're vamps and worried they can't bite us, and they hate us because they can't get their blood they crave.

As I made my way down the hall, I could hear someone, or rather people, behind me.

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here."

Recognizing the voice, I turn on my heels with a disapproving look on my face. Marie.

"What do you want Marie?"

"Don't use that tone with me." She spoke bratty like.

"Don't use that tone with me." I mimicked her squeaky voice.

"Arghh!" Stomping away from me I'm surprised her minions aren't with her. I continued walking down to my Social class. Walking in the class, everyone is in class chatting waiting for the teacher. The only spot open left is at the back of the class and one beside the vampire himself.

Blade Ramose.

I scan the room for any other spots but that was the only one. Luckily he wasn't looking so my plan is to slip in, do my work unnoticed by them and leave. Great plan right? What could go wrong?

Everyone stayed as far away as they could and I always do too. Since there's no other place I made my way towards the back feeling eyes burning through my head. I scan the room seeing people's worried faces staring back at me.

What the hell are you doing?

Don't sit there?

Come sit with us.

I gave them a pleading look of how I have no choice and that I'd be okay. I don't know these kids personally, but I do know them.

We all look out for each other like siblings. Except for Marie and her gang of friends. No one likes her. We all would rather be around the vamps instead of them. Yeah I said it. We all would 'cause she's a nasty one. She's disresectful, nasty, rude and the list goes on an on.

I mouthed "I'm sorry " for everyone who have to watch me suffer. Slipping into the seat quietly as possible, some students pleaded me and I returned a sorrowful look.

"Well, well, well. Look it boys. The most quiet kid in school decide to sit with us," Remose said. The boys snickered beside him. I glanced at one of my classmates, Ellie, and she gave me a worried look.

She waved me over to a spot that's finally open as one of her friends left. I took my chance as I grabbed my bag and began to lift from the chair when I felt a cold hand wrap around my arm.