Chapter 4

"Please let me go!" I cry, trying to pull away from the man. He grabs my ankle and drags me across the mattress. Pain flares up my leg from the grip, and I whimper. He crawls over me, his arms holding me down. I try to push him away. He slams me down.

"Let's get busy, baby," Viper growls, moving over me.

I bolt up, a scream tearing from my lips.

Screaming again when the door slams open, I jump. I pull the covers up to my chin. I watch Wolf and Hawk rush into the room, guns drawn. They search the room for a threat as I pull the covers up to my face to wipe at the tears.

A second later, Lacy runs in, crying, "Oh, god. You're awake! I couldnae get in. You were screaming. I dinnae know what to do." She throws her arms around me. The ghost feeling of Viper's hands on me causes me to flinch.

"I-It was a nightmare," I mumble, sniffling and blinking tears away. "Where are Reece and Rosaleigh?" I ask. Wolf shuffles out of the room with a last glance at me before he leaves.

Assuming he's going to get the kids, I look to Hawk whose eyes are on me. Eyebrows pulled together and lips in a thin line, he's scowling. I watch his body wind up like a coil. Different emotions cross his face, but I can't pinpoint any of them. Anger. Hatred. Concern?

As he puts his gun away, my tiny humans run into the room.

"Mommy!" They run up to the bed and jump on. I immediately pull them into my arms, comfort falling over me like a warm blanket. I always feel better when I get to hold them.

"I'm sorry, guys. Did I scare you?" I ask. They nod their heads. This is the worst part of nightmares.

"I'm so sorry," I whisper, kissing each of their heads. I hate scaring them. If I could get rid of these nightmares, I'd do it faster than you can say 'cheese' when the camera flashes. I'd do almost anything. It doesn't happen as often as it used to, I hate doing this to them.

"Mommy, are you okay?" Reece asks, grabbing my hand. I nod, and he tilts his head to the side a bit. "It was scary," he admits, and I sigh. This shouldn't be something they deal with. I should help them get over nightmares, not the reverse.

I run a hand through my hair and then brush hair out of his eyes. "I'm sorry, buddy," I tell him. When I look over to Rosaleigh, she's nodding her head in agreement.

Sighing, I pull them closer.

"Do you wanna talk about it, lass?"

Wolf's concern reminds me of my father, which only makes my heart ache. I glance up at him and nod. It's better to talk it out instead of bottling it up... at least that's what my therapist used to tell me.

Right after I found out I was pregnant, I spent half of the small paycheck I got on therapy. I knew it was the only way I'd get through what happened, and my therapist always told me that talking would help.

Most of the time I talk to Lacy, but now that Wolf is here...

"I-It was Viper, and he was... hurting me," I mumble, trying to keep the tears back. It's no use; they spill over. The thumping in my chest speeds up to a racing pace, making me feel like I have a battering ram in my chest.

"Meany," Reece grumbles.

My heart lifts at the innocent, protective comment.

"He's no' here, Angel. He's dead," Wolf growls. "You're safe."

Feeling a little embarrassed that everyone is seeing me in this state has my face turning red as I wipe tears away. To have everyone in the room staring is also nerve-wracking.