Chapter 2 New Girl

Danny woke up with such dread. He was still not looking forward to going back to school all summer. Since first-grade people have hated him, not because Danny didn't enjoy sports or would rather play call of duty 4, but because kids at school think his mom got away with murdering his father, he remembers it well. Like a dream, you could never wake up. The police arrived at the scene with Seth's dead body lying on the ground with a pool of blood all around his corpse with three bullets in him. One, which struck him in the heart.         

        The sheriff came to bring Margret in for a statement, including Danny. Half-awake from almost staying up all night. He still dreamt practically every night, all through summer, about his ten years ago ordeal. It was sad how he wasn't able to get over it. Since the day he found his dad died in his house, things have changed. First, his family had to move from the old house they lived in; it was too painful for them to continue living in that same house, always walking past the room Seth used to work. Second, Danny had to see a psychotherapist after him beating up the kid at school in the first grade.         

           Danny practically begged his mom not to make him talk to some stranger about his feelings. He didn't start the therapy until he reached the age of eleven. Every week on Wednesdays, Danny would have to go to the therapy's office at two o'clock to talk about how to adjust to life with no male role model. It wasn't that bad: he liked talking to someone besides his mom or the teachers. He got up with his brown eyes getting used to the sunlight shining through his room. Danny walked up to the window curtains opening them, seeing it was going to be a beautiful day. The sky as blue as the ocean with birds chirping from a distance; Danny was a little happy that it was nice out today, but the fact that it was the first day of sophomore year of high school, he wasn't looking forward to going back to high school. Danny's bedroom door, Danny's mother knocked, opening it to see if he was awake. "Danny, honey, you awake?" she asked.

          He rushed to his bed, covering his whole body with only his blankets as she came inside. Margret was shocked to see how messy his room was. Clothes were everywhere with his lamp desk covered with papers covering his white Mac laptop along with a small lamp above it. On the walls were movie posters of star wars, lord of the rings, and a little world of warcraft. Margret was stunned by how messy Danny's room is. She told him over a dozen times to clean it up during the summer. There was only one thing that was going to get his attention.

      "Danny, you awake under there?" she said, noticing the covers under him.       

       "Yeah, I am."        

        "Well, do you mind telling me why your room is still a mess after I asked you to clean it all summer?" she asked, sounding frustrated. Danny got up showing him not wearing a shirt for a fifteen-year-old boy Danny grew up a lot over the past ten years. Almost becoming the young man, Seth would be proud to see. Danny was a tall young man with light hazel eyes, dark brown hair with the will to keep going, even if his father wasn't here.      

        "Yes, I, uh, was going to clean, but I guess I got preoccupied," he said.       

         "Doing what? Watching the complete fourth season of Battle Star Galactica on your laptop?" Margret crossed her arms, looking disappointed. 

          "It was the third season, and you saw that?"

        "Yes, Danny, I did, which is why you're going to watch me do this" Margret cleared the junk off on top of Danny's computer and taking it. He sighed, getting up, putting on his jeans pants going after his mom.         

      "Mom, wait, don't take it. I'm sorry my room is a mess. I'll clean it up after school, I promise."                         

       "Yes, you will, but I'm taking your computer anyway," she said as Danny sighed.