Introduction

Cassandra's POV

Blood.

It was all around her.

It surrounded her like darkness surrounds the night.

She was crying with her dead mother's head on her lap.

She was screaming for help.

I stood there just watching my feet planted to the ground.

I stood there helplessly as tears ran down my face, and in-front of me was my 5 year old self surrounded by my mother's blood oozing out from every part of her body.

Not  being able to take it anymore, I scream at myself to wake up.

I hit myself repeatedly, so I can get away from this constant torture.

"Get up! Get up! Get up!" I scream, while hitting myself.

                                               ................................................

I jerk awake, sweating and hot tears running down my cheeks. Calming my rapid heart rate, I look around my eyes adjusting to darkness around me. Still shaking from my dream, I try to get up ignoring the pain in my chest. Turning the light on in my room, I look in the mirror to see my green eyes dull as usual, my hair sticking to my neck and face because of the sweating. Turning away from the mirror I look for my phone and dial the number of the one person who can save me from my nightmares. My brother.

"Hello?" He picks up on the second ring and just as his voice reaches me, tears start to gather in my eyes.

"Damon," I breathe out, holding back a sob.

"Cass? Cassie what happened?" His voice was laced with worry, and even though in normal circumstances I would laugh and tell him to calm down, I was far from feeling normal.

"I-" Clearing my throat I try again,

"-nightmare." one word, one word and all the pain comes rushing back to me. Weak, pathetic and alone. The only words that can be used to describe me.

"It's okay, Cassie. I'm here, I'm coming and one day your miracle will too." Damon's voice echos through my room as I pass out on the floor.

One day my miracle will too.

Okay, I'm sorry for the short chapter but this is only the introduction. How was the start? I manage to hook you, yet? Don't forget to vote, comment and share. Your feedback means alot to me!

With love, Izzy.