Run, Run, Run

Hi it's the author. I cannot believe this book has 21 views!! Thank you so much!

Anyways on with the story!

---

"Draco I can't go any further. I need to rest." Harry was dropping quickly, his eye lids fluttering closed. Draco quickly took action, putting an arm around his waist and helping ease his decent.

They landed in a thick forest, far away from civilization. Draco found a small cave opening and managed to squeeze both bodies into the hole.

Soon a they had a fire started. Harry was shivering profusely, his lips slightly blue. Unlike Draco, he didn't have many clothes on him, equipped with only a t-shirt and jeans.

Draco took of his scuffed suit jacket and wrapped it round his mates shoulders.

The moonlight shone through the thick canopy, creating whimsical patterns on the dirt. Harry studied the way the moonlight bounced of Draco's hair making him look almost angelic. He was so in love with the Slytherin, more than words could describe.

"What are you staring at?" Draco said with a slight chuckle. Harry blushed and looked away, focusing on the 'very interesting' stone floor beneath him.

Just as they had started to settle down for the night, a crack of a branch reverberated through the trees.

Harry shot up, eyes a blazing red. He put a defensive arm around Draco, who had the same look of fear in his know orange eyes.

"The smoke was spotted over there sir." Draco and Harry exchanged fearful glances, pushing themselves further into the cave.

"Well what are you waiting for. Snatch them."

Dog-like barks and howls quickly approached the boys. Harry was biting back a growl of his own, trying desperately to not reveal their hiding place.

His efforts were off no use however as Draco let out a small but audible whimper.

"We have to leave. NOW!" Harry cried, pulling Draco up of the cave floor.

The two ran out of the cave and were instantly swarmed by snatchers. Harry balled his fist, causing a strong wind to blow through the attackers. Trees stood at an angle due to the force of the wind.

Draco took a split second to marvel at the elemental magic before he started creating circular flames around each snatcher.

Once each snatcher was down or occupied with flames the two took of, keeping just above the trees so cover was always close.

They flew for miles, not wanting to risk being caught it seen.

"I'm sorry Harry." Draco's sudden statement stopped Harry in his tracks. He hovered above the sea of green in complete shock.

"This isn't your fault."

"If I hadn't of come to you then..."

"Then you would've dead. We would both be dead. We can't last long without the other." Harry interrupted, his green eyes (with a hint of red swirling around his iris's) full of sadness.

"I love you Harry. I don't know what I would do without you."

Harry turned a deep pink. The corners of his mouth lifted into a beaming smile that made Draco's heart swell with love.

"I love you too Dray. Now let's get out of here. Do you know any safe houses, or isolated spaces."

Draco took a moment to think before a smirk covered his face. "I know the perfect place."

He closed his eyes, pulling Harry close to him. They disapperated, leaving behind the beautiful forest.

"Dray where are we?"

They were standing in an old abandoned mansion, overlooking a huge graveyard. Harry's eyes landed on a hideous statue that looked like death itself. Harry's eyes narrowed.

He knew where he was.

"This is the graveyard where Voldemort was resurrected isn't it?" Draco nodded solemnly. Although it was the perfect hideout, the place brought both boys incredibly bad memories.

Harry's were obvious. It was the place he had witnessed the murder of his friend and fellow pupil Cedric Diggory, and then the rise of the most formidable, evil wizard to ever have lived.

Draco's were more complex.

"Dray why did you think of this place. How did you know it was safe?"

Draco took a deep breath and turned to Harry. "I was brought here at the beginning of 7th year. My father had intended to have the dark mark bestowed upon me. But I refused. Voldemort swore he would have his revenge, as who could ever betray him. I used a vanishing potion to hide away in the graveyard. I overheard the dark lord telling my father that once the war was won he would destroy this place, as it was a cruel reminder of the hardship he faced as a child. I am guessing that's because his parents are buried here. But since he never won, this place was never destroyed. Only my father knew of his plan. So this is as safe as it gets for now."

Harry nodded, trying to process all he had heard. Draco had rejected the dark lord. To his face. Without fearing the consequences. Harry was filled with an enormous sense of pride and happiness.

"Draco, you really did that." Draco nodded, a sad smile on his lips. "You are amazing." Harry threw himself on too a slightly startled Draco, pressing their lips together.

They stood in one of the many bedrooms in the mansion, hungrily kissing eachother.  Harry was the first to deepen the kiss, sliding his tongue over Draco's lip, which opened almost instantly.

They fought for dominance, Draco eventually gaining full control. Before they could go any further, Draco pulled back, staring sorrowfully at his mate.

"We need to start putting up wards."

"It can wait." Harry whispered leaning in for more. Draco pulled away, stepping out the embrace. He couldn't help but frown at the hurt face of his mate.

"No it can't. I will not let anything happen to you, Harry. We need protection, and we need it now."

That seemed to pull Harry back to his senses. They spent the rest of the night putting up wards and protective charms all over the mansion, in every room and at every chimney, making it an unbreakable fortress.

They then crawled into the nearest room and collapsed on the bed, exhausted from the extensive use of magic.

Harry nuzzled into Draco's chest, his arm draped over his boyfriends waist.

"We need to talk about the things we can do. It's abnormal." Harry said in a sleepy voice.

"Tomorrow, love." Draco whispered back, stroking Harry's brunette locks which earned him a purr.

Soon sleep claimed them both.

I hope you enjoyed the fluff! You are gonna have to wait for the smut tho....I know I am a tease but I promise it will come.

Until next time
~ Charlotte