colder

There was a forest just a couple miles off from the city, big enough to get lost in.

Mega never got lost. 

The forest was far enough that no one would know if anything happened in there, not that anything ever happened.

No one was worried when he went in. It seemed like everyone was in a good mood that day.

~~{🌹}~~

A medium-sized river ran through the trees, and even though everything around the river was muddy and brown, the river ran clear. It was big enough to sweep someone away.

Right next to it was a very thin but clear path. It wasn't like the streets; there's no danger from the passing vehicles, no aggressive loud noises, and no one to bother you. The forest was his therapist, closing the distance between himself and his thoughts.

But yet, there was an anxious feeling surrounding him.

what am I forgetting?

It was getting colder as Mega got deeper into the woods, but he didn't notice.

you can't forget.

But he tried to. At this point, it was too cold to breathe without shaking, and he couldn't remember which way he came from...

remember.

remember chasing fireflies when you were 6.

remember how he joined you.

remember the dull afternoons.

remember how he made them brighter.

the cloudy nights. 

the endless conversations. 

you can't remember what happened, but you can remember the years you spent together.

remember the reason you don't talk anymore. 

now that he's gone, who's going listen to you?

~~{🌹}~~