Chapter Three ~ Extraordinary {Jemma Pond}

"Hell of a year! China discovers 143 different uses for tobacco ash! Americas stock market hits a record low!" I bolt upright as he steps out into my dorm. I let out a strangled gasp as I realize who it is.

The Doctor.

He stumbles out of his TARDIS and begins to walk over to me. My mouth is hanging open in shock.

"JEMMA!" He exclaims with open arms. He takes another step forward, and trips on my suitcase that is laying open on the floor. Flailing his arms he lets out a small yelp as he falls right on top of me.

"Why hello there," he says while grinning. "I never thought I would see you like this."

"Three years," I whisper.

"What," he says, still struggling to get up.

"Three years since I last saw you. Three years I have been waiting. Three years I have been scared that you forgot about me." He stares blankly back at me.

"Well..." he begins. "Jemma Rose Pond, I do believe that-." He is interrupted as my boyfriend, Fitz, pulls him off of me and punches him square across the cheek.

"Who the hell do you think you are," he growls at The Doctor. He flexes his jaw and raises himself up to full height, his childish demeanor instanstly disappears.

"I am The Doctor. I am from the planet Gallifrey. I am 1217 years old and I killed my entire species. I am the oncoming storm, I am the destroyer of worlds, I am feared-." He stops talking as he sees the confused look on Fitz's face. "And you, human scum, have no right to be toying with the emotions of the marvelous girl in front of you. You in no way deserve her, do you understand through what circumstances she has been raised? As simple minded as you are you cannot possibly comprehend the-." He stops as I place my hand on his shoulder. I can feel his entire body tense up, it is clear he has not been touched by anyone in quite a long time.

"Doctor, it's okay," I say gently. He looks down at me with those gorgeous, sparking blue eyes, I can tell something is wrong. Tears outline the edges of his eyes, threatening to spill down onto his porcilean face. It is evident that he has been crying quite a lot, but why?

I cautiously move my hand from his shoulder to his face, wiping away the tears.

"It's okay, I'm here," I repeat in a hushed voice. He looks down at me once again and places his hand on my cheek. He slowly leans in and places a light, but meaningful, kiss on my forehead.

I can't help but grin as he pulls away and claps his hands together. He begins spinning around the room, a wide smile plastered on his face.

"Jemma Rose Pond," he begins. "You have your entire life ahead of you, a wonderful, plain, boring life. But you, you are far from plain. You are extraordinary! All of these years you waited for me, your belief in me never once faltering." He stops as he takes a step closer to me and look me in the eyes.

"This is where I leave you," he says slowly. "You have a whole life ahead of you, I can't ruin it like I ruined your parents." I take a step closer to him, and open my mouth to speak. He places a finger on my lips. I see a tear slowly roll down his cheek as he pulls me into a hug.

Over the years I have learned never to trust a hug, for they are only a way to hide your face, and at this moment I know that is exactly what my Raggedy Doctor is trying to do. He has endured too much pain, seen too much suffering, had so much loss; he cannot be alone for any longer.

He pulls away and silently moves back towards his TARDIS. I take a deep breath, am I really ready to do this? Yes, yes I am; I have waited my entire life for this moment.

"A life with you?" I say with a smile. "That's a chance I'm willing to take." I hear him let out a relieved laugh as I push past him into the TARDIS.

"Smaller on the outside," I say as he runs in behind me and picks me up, spinning me a circle. When he sets me down he takes my hand and leads me to the controls.

"Geronimo."