chapter 10 : it's not that bad

He then proceed to sit next to my right.

"I guess we're going to have a lot of fun together, Eddie." He said.

"Ugh, I can't wait for it." With that being said I rolled my eyes. He chuckled.

Then, a loud beep sound erupted.

"TIME'S UP. TO THOSE WHO LOST THEIR NECKLACES AND DIDN'T FIND THE CHECKPOINT, YOU ARE ORDERED TO GO TO THE GYM IMMEDIATELY AND THOSE WHO MANAGED TO FIND THE CHECKPOINT AND PROTECTED THEIR NECKLACES, STAY THERE AND WAIT FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS."

"They were wild out there bro." Ander spoke as soon as the voice stopped.

"I know right. I didn't know that they can be this aggressive." Sofia responded.

"Lucky for me, I was already here since the beginning." I decided to jump into the conversation.

"Are you really?" Noah asked me.

I nodded. "Yeah, I decided to come here after someone tried to fool me to sit with them at lunch." I was being shady, I admitted.

"Hey." Ander elbowed me. "I'm not, okay? I really want to you sit with us." Ander defended himself. I looked at him dead in the eyes. "Well, they wanted to hurt you, not me. I was about to tell them to leave you alone if you agreed to sit with us." He explained.

"Whatever." I replied and continued to read my book.

"I'm sorry, okay?" Ander. whispered in my ears.

I sighed. "I forgive you, Ander." I rolled my eyes. "Don't bother me, I want to finish this chapter." He nodded and looked at his phone.

"Don't you guys think it's weird that our school suddenly did this?" Elena said and caught all of our attention. "I mean, they never done something like this before." She finished.

"You're right, Elena." Sofia responded. "I think it's more than just a game." She added. Noah just listened to them.

"Well, maybe they want us to have fun. You know? This is like an escape from homeworks and assignments." Javier said.

"I agree." Ander responded. "Eddie?" He called me all of the sudden.

"I have no idea but I think it can be both. What Elena and Javier said might be the reasons why they did this." I told them. "I wanna have fun really, it's been a while."

Then...

"GREETING STUDENTS. THE FIRST GAME IS OVER. NOW, LISTEN CAREFULLY."

"I'm so excited." Sofia said.

"THERE ARE TEN CHECKPOINTS. EACH CHECKPOINT HAS MORE THAN 5 MEMBERS. THOSE WHO ARE AT THE SAME CHECKPOINT ARE YOUR TEAMMATES."