xxii. back to the makeup store

‧₊˚✩ 彡
chapter xxii; back to the makeup store

‧₊˚✩ 彡chapter xxii; ❝back to the makeup store❞

‧₊˚✩ 彡

"WE'RE back!" Emily shouted as she opened the door to Henry's house.

"Dang it!" Mr. Hart screamed.

"How was the makeup store?" Mrs. Hart asked.

Henry looked at Emily and she shrugged, "What?"

Charlotte walked over and grabbed both of their arms, walking them to the counter, "You went to the makeup store. Remember the text, make up excuse?"

"Oh..." Emily says, not actually understanding it.

"Yes!" Henry caught on, "Thats where I found our boss, Ray." He cleared his throat, "At the makeup store."

"No," Ray stood up straight, "No I wasn't." He leaned closer to Mrs. Hart, "I was at the gym."

"Stop," Emily told him.

"Why are we using our mouths to talk, when we could use those same mouths, to eat this cake," Henry suggested.

Ray smiled at Henry, "I like the way you think."

They all gathered around the island with smiles on their faces and started to sing, "Haa—"

They were interrupted by Ray's phone beeping at the same tone Emily and Henry's watches were beeping.

"Uhh..." Ray looked at everyone and their confused expressions. "I have a present for Henry."

Emily nodded, "Yes! It's on the front porch, we better go get it."

"The fireworks?" Jasper perked up.

Ray glared, "Yes, Jasper. The private firework show only Em, Henry and I can see."

Emily grabbed Henry and Ray's arm and dragged them out the door, slamming it shit behind her.

Henry flipped open his watch, Schwoz's hologram appearing above it, "Hallo, Henry!"

"What do you want Schwoz?" Henry asks.

"Did you guys forget something?"

The three shrugged.
"No?"
"I mean he wouldn't say that if we remembered."
"What did we forget?"

"Oh I don't know..." Schwoz jumped up, "Maybe to take Jeff to jail!"