xxxviii. epilogue

۰. ݁ . ─────── ૮ –ﻌ–ა ָ࣪ ۰
chapter xxxiii; happy to be here

  ───────  ૮ –ﻌ–ა ָ࣪ ۰chapter xxxiii; ❝happy to be here❞

EPILOGUE 01.
𖥔 ࣪ ‹𝟹 𓏲࣪ 𖤐 ּ   ─────── ⊹ 𖧧. ָ࣪

"HEN," Emily started, entering his home office. "You've been working on that all day." She explains, motioning to the costume drawings on the desk.

He rubbed his hands over his eyes and leaned back in the office chair. "I know, I just— can't seem to get it right."

"What do you mean?" She looks at the detailed drawing. "This looks... amazing."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, there's nothing wrong with it." Emily smiled.

Henry nodded, "Okay." He picked up the pencil, "Let me just add one more—"

"Babe," she grabbed the pencil from his hand and put it in the drawer. "Take a break." She began to walk out of the room, "Come spend time with your family."

Henry chuckled and stood from the chair, shutting the lights off before walking out of his office and down the stairs.

"By the way, don't forget we have that trip next weekend." Emily reminded, entering the kitchen.

Henry was right behind her, "Trip?"

"Yes? We're driving down to Florida to see Char and Jasp, remember?" Emily rolled her eyes playfully as she put the dry dishes away, "Did you forget again?"

"N-No, no! I didn't forg— Oh! Right, thaaat trip!" He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

She sighed, "Uh huh. All these years and you're still a terrible liar."

"Hey—!"

Henry was cut off by the sound of tiny bare feet pitter pattering across the hardwood floor.

"Daddy!"
"Dadddyyyy!"

Henry smiled at them as they wrapped their tiny bodies around his legs, "Hey, kids."

"We miss you," Ella whined.

Jackson sighed, "Yeah, you're always up in that room."

"But me and Jack aren't allowed in there!" Ella added.

Emily raised her eyebrows for a moment at her husband, as if she's proving her point.

"I know," He knelt on the ground and grabbed each of their little hands, "I'm sorry, and I'll try to spend more time with you guys."

"Okayyy."
"Okay, Daddy!"

Henry smiled at them and released their hands, "Go outside and play."

"Last one to the playhouse is a rotten egg!" Ella shouted before taking off out the back door.

Jackson gasped and sprinted, "Wait for meee!"