From the Past

Rapunzel was having lunch with Eugene and her parents when one maid told them someone wants to meet Eugene.

He’s Zion Parker and known Eugene since childhood, the maid informed them.

Happiness flashes over Eugene’s face that turned into something which Rapunzel couldn’t understand.

The blue-eyed, curly brown-haired man looked like he’s in his early 30s.

Zion told them he’s a trader now and would be going overseas after a month

When he came to know Eugene is here, he immediately came to meet him.

“A friend is always welcome”, Rapunzel told him.

It was decided he would stay in the guest chambers of the royal palace, till he’s in Corona. After all, he’s someone from Eugene’s past.

“The book whose protagonist is Flynn Rider, Zion gave it to me,” Eugene spoke, drawing Rapunzel closer in his arms.

“We were so close. He likes to collect stones of different shapes and sizes and I used to go with him to find more. Even though he told me I shouldn’t if I didn’t want to. But I want to, I told him.”

Eugene talks about his past often, but those stories were from a long time after he left the orphanage.

“When others used to make fun of my dream of becoming Flynn Rider, only Zion believed in me. He was like an older brother to me”, he explained.

“You got a chance to relive all those moments, to know how he’s now, after all those years” Rapunzel whispered and they both fell asleep after a few minutes.     

*4 a.m. the next morning*

The door of the guest-chamber opens slightly and a head of brown hair pops out to check whether there are guards in the lobby or not.

Guess the blue-eyed devil got lucky. The guard whose shift’s next was running an hour late.

He went to the king’s private study and started looking for the documents he was sent for.

He found them in one of the secret drawers, but it took him nearly an hour. Within 15 minutes the maids will be up preparing the breakfast. 

He quickly went to the guest-chamber to retrieve his satchel and some money which he would need for his escape.

‘A horse’, he thought as he stepped outside the castle’s threshold, ‘would make my escape easy’.

He went to the stable told the stable-boy that he wants to go for a ride.

As he is a royal guest, the stable-boy lets him choose any horse he wishes to take.  

His plan was working out just fine but he made the wrong choice.

He chooses the most eligible horse of the Corona kingdom, who could take him to his destination within hours if he wishes to.

*In the castle meanwhile*

A meeting regarding the improvements in the education system of Corona Kingdom was about to start.

Everyone was waiting for the king to arrive. But the King postponed it and sent for the defense minister, foreign minister, Eugene, and Rapunzel to meet him in his private study.

‘The documents of our treaty with the Knight Kingdom have been stolen’, the King announced. ‘And King Hans of Pilot city is the only one who will benefit if Corona and Knight Kingdom remain each other’s enemy.’   

‘You are right majesty ’, agreed with the foreign minister.

‘We must seal the borders and tell our soldiers to keep their eyes open for any suspicious activity in the Kingdom’, the defense minister suggested.

‘Yes do that minister. We need to get those documents back’, with this the king dismissed the ministers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed 😘

Do vote, comment, and follow @life_is_going_on for more such stories.

See you soon...