BLEND-S

Director: Masuyama, Ryouji

Aired: Oct 8, 2017 - Dec 24, 2017

Status: Finished

Rating: PG - 13

Slice of Life | Comedy

Synopsis: Wishing to be independent, 16-year-old Maika Sakuranomiya is desperate to nail down a part-time job so that she can afford to study abroad. Unfortunately, her applications are constantly rejected due to the menacing look she unintentionally makes whenever she smiles, despite her otherwise cheerful disposition.

After yet another failed interview, she chances upon Café Stile, a coffee shop where the servers interact with the customers while roleplaying distinctive characteristics. The Italian store manager, Dino, becomes infatuated with Maika's cuteness at first sight and offers her a job as a waitress with a sadistic nature. Coupled with her inherent clumsiness, she successfully manages to serve a pair of masochistic customers in accordance with her new, ruthless persona. Alongside Kaho Hinata as the tsundere and Mafuyu Hoshikawa as the younger sister, Maika decides to make the most out of her unique quirk and cements her position in the cafe with merciless cruelty!

Number of Episodes: 12

Crunchyroll Rating: 4.5 / 5.0     My Rating: MOE/10

My Opinion: Ok! This anime is just so MOE!! I love the love relationship between the manager and Maika but I always wondered about their age difference. However, I love the concept of the cafe of each maid having a different type in a girl - little sister, big sister, tsundere, sadistic, and idol. Whenever I watched Maika go into character for Sadistic, shivers went down my spine! I just - I - I couldn't handle it!! But that doesn't mean I'm a masochist or a lolicon because I see a loli being sadistic. 

Worth Watching?: Yes!