Chapter 3

A U S T I N

What if I try to open my heart to her? Would that make things better? What if I will get hurt again? I know love has a lot of risky things but I am just being careful. That pain has the worst effect on me and I don't want that to happen again.

"Walang masama kung buksan mo ulit ang puso mo, Kuya." I looked up and saw my sister smiling at me.

"How would you know?" I asked her. There's something wrong about her these days. "Are you inspired?"

I was shocked when she nods -- well, that's a news. "Yes, I am, Kuya."

Pinangsingkitan ko siya ng mata. "Who's the lucky man?"

"You'll know soon, Kuya...but, not now," she uttered.

"Being mysterious -- that's one hell of a clichè, dear sister." I grinned at her.

She just rolled her eyes at me. "Sa tingin ko naman, okay si Del para sa 'yo, Kuya. Kasi, unang-una, pareho kayong panganay ng pamilya. At least, you both have the qualities of being... protective."

"How'd you say so?"

She shrugged her shoulders and smiled. "Well, you are protective when it comes to me, Kuya. Caring also and... sweet -- in your own ways."

I smiled. "You know me to well," I praised her.

"Ako pa," pagmamayabang niya pa. Natawa nalang ako sa sinabi niya. "Bago ko makalimutan, Kuya. Nasa baba pala si Del."

I stood up immediately. "Why didn't she go up here in my office, instead?"

"Ayaw daw niyang maabala ka tulad daw ng nakaraang araw."

I fixed my self and we both got out of my office. Lauren immediately heads out at the lounge area and I can see where Delandra is seating right now.

At the moment she saw me, her eyes twinkled and her lips painted a sweet smile. She's beautiful.

"Hey..." she awkwardly said and looked down.

I cupped her face. "Are you feeling better?" Itinaas ko ang mukha niya at marahan na kinapa-kapa iyon.

"I am, salamat ulit." Ngumiti siya sa akin na sa tingin ko ay nakapagkumpleto ng aking araw.

I don't know, she has this smile that had an immediate effect on me. Woah. This is weird. "You did have a good rest, my lady?"

That makes her blush. "N-naisipan ko na baka pwede akong bumawi sa 'yo. Kapalit na rin nang pag-aalaga mo sa akin?" she hesitates.

Umiling ako. "It is enough for me that I can see you are in a very good condition." I smiled at her.

"Pero, nakakahiya naman, Austin...meron ba akong pwedeng gawin?"

It seems odd... she's been very shy when it comes to me. "I can't think of any. Would you mind to suggest?"

I was stunned when she bit her lip... I suddenly wanted to feel that on mine. What is happening to me?

"Lunch? Dinner?" she suggested.

"Lunch time is better, Delandra," I replied.

She flashed her sweetest smile and giggled. "As you wish, then."

D E L A N D R A
Pang-ilang beses na ba akong hindi namula sa mga ipinakita niya kanina? Kahit ako, hindi ko alam. Oo, kinikilig ako -- hindi ko alam kung saan nanggaling ang lakas ng loob ko para yayain siyang kumain sa labas.