Detention

Detention
««»»

From the centre of the previously peaceful dungeon, purple smoke arose from the cauldron which Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy were (very unwillingly) sharing.

A loud shriek of "MALFOY!" Followed this, and as everyone's heads whipped round in scared curiosity, most people spluttered out in laughter. Hermione's normally slightly freckled and peach face was covered in a thick, porridge-like, purple substance.

She stopped for a second, and then seemed to crackle with angry electricity, turning to Malfoy stiffly who was grinning nastily and widely.

"Just thought I should tell you ... You've - uh, got something on your face, Granger."

She glared at him with chocolate-brown eyes, now emitting a red glow, and took a step closer, her body hunched like a cat arching its back.
Oh, if looks could kill ...

"I. WILL. KILL. YOU."

Draco merely smirked again at these words. "Granger, calm down. It's only a potion." He flicked his wand lazily, emptying only the cauldron of the substance, of course not Hermione's face, and sniggered, waving gladly at the crowd of Slytherins who were laughing, especially Pansy Parkinson, who was now emitting high shriek-like barks of laughter, her pug-like face casting flirtatious looks at Draco.

Hermione hadn't taken being put with Draco as partners very well.

Professor Slughorn soon came onto the scene, wheezing, and tutted with an air of amusement.

"Oho! What do we have here? Miss Granger! Who did this?-" he turned his face to Draco, who was still looking very pleased with himself. "I see. Mr Malfoy! This is no way to treat your partner! Now, I am aware of the fact you didn't choose to be with Miss Granger, but really!"

He hobbled over to their desk, wheezing slightly, "what a mess. Hmph. Not quite the Sleeping Draught I was expecting! Unlike Potter and Warren over here," he gestured to Harry and Ron, who were clearly holding back laughter.

"Not to worry, Granger, hop off to the Hospital Wing, Malfoy will clear this up," he gestured to the floor, which had small piles of the mixture. Draco's wand hadn't seemed to reach that far.

Malfoy's smirk evaporated off his face just as Hermione left the room, her hands over her face. "Sir! It wasn't my fault the mudblood doesn't know how to read!"

Slughorn frowned deeply. "Detention, I don't tolerate that language in my class, thank you!"

Draco couldn't look more sour.

-

"I can't believe you did that! Malfoy!" Hermione seemed close to tears as they both chucked a fungi-infected flobberworm onto the growing pile. "I mean, really!" She frowned harder and turned to face the back of his head.

"You deserved it, Granger."

"And how, exactly, did I deserve for you to pretend I melted Crabbe's cauldron when really, you did? And not to mention the purple -"

"Being a mudblood," was with what he replied quickly. "On that note, Granger, don't touch my hand again. I don't want to catch anything."

She felt her cheeks blaze, angrily reminiscing on the short moment in time where they had both reached for the same flobberworm. She spluttered, lost of retorts.

"I- Just spare me the horrors of you talking to me for an hour and don't talk at all, would you?" He continued.

"I don't want to talk to you," Hermione replied. "I just have some unanswered questions. I shouldn't be in here!"