The Winter Breaking Of Harmony and Lavender Part Two

We were sitting in the lodge’s cafeteria eating the dinner they had prepared when Harmony finally asked

“So, what was that about?”

“I’m not even sure myself. She just gave me this look and I just kind of snapped back at her.” I said truthfully.

Harmony paused for a moment before speaking again.

“You know, you really looked like your mother back there.” She finally said.

“I know. I’m sorry.” I said without meeting her eyes.

“Huh? Don’t apologize, its fine really.” She said quickly.

“I can’t comprehend how me being like mother can be ‘fine’ in anyway.” I said bitterly.

Harmony sighed then placed her hand gently on mine before speaking,

“What I’m trying to say is I don’t think being a bit like your mom is a bad thing. Your mom’s powerful, confident, and a beautiful women. You’re a lot like her in those ways and I don’t think anything’s wrong with that. Though your mom is also selfish and loathsome, but those are things you are not and I don’t think you ever will be. So, I don’t think you should worry about acting like your mother because I know that you only inherited her good traits. Your confidence, elegance and cool exterior are all parts of you I love. Even though I also love your more relaxed and silly side as well.”

I felt my face slightly flush. I was glad Harmony thought that way,

“Are you sure you’re not a post?” I asked with a smile.

Harmony started laughing, but then of all a sudden she grimaced and quickly placed her hands against her temples.

“Are you alright?” I asked immediately.

“Uh, yeah. It’s just the headaches again.” She said in a strained voice.

My heart sunk.

The thing was ever since Harmony fell and hit her head, she sometimes gets these really bad headaches. The doctor said it was normal and should go away in less then a year, but every time it happens I’m reminded of the fact it was my fault.

“Are you sure you are alright? Do you want to go back up to the room so you can rest?” I asked in a concerned voice.

“Yeah, that would probably be best.” She said.

We walked up to our room and Harmony automatically went to lie down on one of the two beds in the room. I grabbed my suitcase that was lying on the unoccupied bed and opened it up. I searched through it for a moment and pulled out my copy of Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night and a small bottle of aspirin. I handed two pills to Harmony,

“You should take this.” I offered. Harmony reached up and took the pills from me.

“I’ll get you some water.” I said as I made my way to the sink in the room.

“You knew I would forget to bring aspirin, that’s why you brought some huh?” She smiled.

I laughed. “Of course you would forget.”

I said as I poured water from the faucet into one of those ‘Hotel Cups’ that was on the sink. I handed Harmony the water then went and sat on my bed and started reading my book…

I was so absorbed in my book that I didn’t even notice that an hour passed by, I looked over at Harmony. Her eyes were closed, but I could tell she wasn’t sleeping. I was about to ask if she felt better, but before I could someone knocked on the door.

Harmony opened her eyes.

“I’ll get it.” I said as I set my book down before I walked over to the door. When I opened it, I saw Madison Reed standing in the threshold.

Immediately with out even saying anything I went to close the door on her, but she grabbed it just in time.

“Wait, I just want to talk with you for a minute.” She said quickly.

“I don’t want to talk to you.” I said in a cold voice.

“Just give me five minutes and I swear I won’t bother Harmony anymore.” She said.

I stopped and thought for a moment then looked over at Harmony who was lying down with her eyes closed again.

“Fine. You have five minutes and you better keep your word.” I whispered fiercely. “Harmony, I’m going out for a moment.” I said before leaving the room and shutting the door behind me. We walked into the main lobby and sat on one of the couches.

“You have five minutes, go.” I said with out even meeting her eyes.

“Look, I’m sorry. I know I’ve been acting selfish, but can you blame me? It’s always just been you and me and then one day some girl just jumps into the picture and ruins everything. You were my life Lavender, and Harmony just came in and took my whole life away from me. I can’t help, but hate her. I’m sorry I’ve upset you, but I’m not sorry that I hate her.” Madison finished then stared at me waiting for my response.

“You have four minutes left.” I said coldly.

A look of panic came across Madd’s face. “Lavender, please be reasonable! I’ve always been by your side can you really just stop talking to me like this?” She said in a flustered voice.

“I can.” I said.

“Can’t you just give me another chance?” She asked.

“Three minutes left.” There was no emotion in my voice.

“Lavender! Please. What do you want me to do?” She said almost in tears.

“I want you to grow up Madd. I want you to think of other people’s happiness not just your own. I know you were raised thinking you can get anything you want, but that’s not the case here you need to think of others . . . like how I might feel . . . Or Auburn. The world doesn’t revolve around you . . . Oh and you have two minutes left.” I finally met her eyes.

“Ok, Ok, Ok. I’ll do that. I promise. I’ll become more mature and I’ll stop acting this way. Just please don’t desert me.” Tears were falling from here eyes and I noticed that now and some of the other people in the room were staring at us making me feel a little uncomfortable.

“You’re just saying that to get your way Madison.” I sighed.

“But I’m not!” She cried.

Now just about everyone in the room was staring at.

“One minute.” After the words left my mouth Madd went from crying to sobbing. Though, the sight of her crying so hard did start to make me feel bad.

Maybe I’m being too harsh?

 “Please Lavender!” She practically screamed.

Her minute passed so I stood up from the couch

“Your five minutes is up. Please keep your word and stop bothering Harmony.” I said

I tried not to pay attention to the fact that every one was watching me get up and leave the lobby as I made my way back to my room.

When I opened the door to our room Harmony was still lying down with her eyes shut. Her short choppy jet black hair fell in her face and made her skin look almost like a porcelain color in contrast to her black locks. I did feel bad for Madison and I was almost tempted to go back to the lobby and make amends with her, but after looking at Harmony lay there I couldn’t bring myself to leave the room again. So, instead I walked over and sat next to her on the bed. I leaned in and suddenly wrapped my arms around her. Harmony opened her eyes and looked at me curiously.

“I love you.” I said softly.

She smiled and leaned into me putting her arms around me as well.

“I love you too.” She said back.

“I was downstairs talking to Madison just now.” I admitted

Harmony Sighed.

“I know.” She said then she closed her eyes and kissed me as if she was trying to let me know I didn’t have to explain anymore.