Chapter Six

That morning was probably the best in my life. The sun was shining off the lake as we hung up the American flag on the flag pole and let the bird Becky had been nursing back to health go. I was wearing my Fourth of July outfit. 

After that I had went with the gang to play shoots and ladders. When I was sick dad would sit up with me in my room with a glass of hot chocolate and play it with me, even if it was the summer. It always gave me a warm feeling.

Puberty Guy was thinking about having a baby with Gloria. I didn't think that was possible, but I didn't voice my opinions. When Puberty Guy told my dad he started to make a bunch of jokes about it. 

"He doesn't get it. He can't, because he can't stay in a committed relationship." Puberty Guy said. "I'm trying."

"Oh, that's not true, I was with Abby's mom for two years before we ended things. And he's just mad cause all the girls I go out with are 70 to 80 years younger than his wife. Like the last one I was with," dad made eye contact with me. "Lenny, cover my daughter's ears." My mouth fell open as I threw my arms up. I turned to Lenny and he shrugged placing his hands on either side of my head. I slouched down in my seat with a pout on my face and arms crossed. My dad made a seires of hand movement that I will never know the meaning to.

My dad stopped talking and turned around to see Jasmine on the dock shouting something. Lenny dropped his hands from my head and made a loud buzzing noise.

"You're a dead man." Puberty guy yelled knocking over the shoots and ladders game. My eyes were wide as I watched in utter disbelief as Puberty Guy chased after my dad, waddling due to his injured foot. What on earth was he talking about, I wondered. I jumped up and ran after them to watch what was happening.

I caught up as Lenny and Eric were pulling Puberty Guy away from my dad, who, by the way, was standing on the railing of the dock, holding onto the flag pole.

Lenny and Eric were yelling, telling Puberty Guy to break it up. My dad was telling him to calm down and was asking what was wrong. Basically everything was in disarray and chaos.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Buddy, buddy, what's the problem?" My dad asked, now off of the ledge.

Puberty Guy got a look of pure hatred and kicked my dad right in the balls. In any other circumstance I would have fallen to the ground along with my dad, laughing. But Puberty Guy had kicked him with his arrow foot so he went down too, also: I HAD NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED TO START THIS!!!

So instead I cringed.

"How could you do that? That's my daughter!"  Puberty Guy yelled.

"Do what?" My dad asked with no clue evident in his voice.

"Shake the bed with her!" I gasped as I knew what that ment.

My dad had stood up, "You think I would do that to you?" Ewwwwww.

"I mean, out of any of us, ya you'd be the one to do that." Lenny said. I nodded my head in agreement, even if he was my father.

"You did sleep with Stimpson's mother." Kurt agreed.

"I didn't even know that guy!" My dad blew up in defense mode. "He was your friend! I barely even knew him! She grabed my wiener I told you guys! That's his daughter! It's different."

I thought about covering my own ears. I was leaning things I didn't want to.

"Me and him?" Jasmine questioned joining us. "Okay, maybe I flirted with him, but that was just to get your atrention."

"What about his snoring?"

"I heard it to." Amber said joining her sister. Lenny did the buzzer noise again. Pubery Guy got that look of hatred on his face and kicked my dad in the balls again. I cringed.