SAURIA

The ambulance took my mom's body away for autopsy, while they take away my mom, my brother asked me where's dad?. I completely forgot so I called his number and asked where is he. He answered, but it's not really him, it was someone else I don't know. I asked him why does he have my dad's phone, he said it was lying on the floor next to my passed out father. I asked that person if he could stay there for a while I go there to pick him up. I took my brother with me, without his consent, I pulled him and told him to come with me without explaining the situation. We were running tirelessly while I explain in to him slowly. When we got there, we're finding my dad in the vicinity of my apartment.

After looking for about 5 mins, my brother found him in the corner of a narrow street. So I rushed over there to see if he's fine or not, I saw him laying flat on his stomach with the lizard I saw earlier. What I saw made me think who is that person who I talked with earlier. My dad's phone is nowhere to be found on the ground near him. So I called his number, and unexpectedly, it rang near us.

I checked my father's pockets and it was there surprisingly. I ended the call and woke him up immediately and made him sit upright. As soon as he woke up, I asked him to tell me everything that had happened, and I told him I am sorry for leaving him behind. I told him mom's body was already taken by the ambulance.

He told me that he's just following me from afar and he saw me got tripped by something. He saw the lizard staring at me while I ran away. But as soon as I got pretty far away, it looked at me and hissed, then he doesn't remember anything further than that. Hearing this made me ask him if it ever bit or attacked him in any means.

But looking at his body, he's unscathed. Unsure of the situation, I helped him get up and decided to go get him a check up to be sure. We arrived at the hospital nearest the incident, we made an appointment with the check up and sat down to rest. I ordered my younger brother to buy our dad some food outside the hospital, something hot. While we wait for the food, I saw a random stranger sitting across the same set of chairs as us. He got long legs, beautiful body built, a handsome face and red hair. He's looking at us smiling, we locked eyes so I smiled too. After I smiled back at him, he laughed slightly and sat beside me, he told me, "So what happened to your dad?".

I told him I found him unconscious in an alley way, he seems fine but to be sure I brought him here. He pitied my dad and asked what he could do to help. I said "Nothing" and that stopped him from talking, but he's still sitting beside me. My brother got back with some food and saw the guy beside me.

He smiled at my brother like they're close, he bought porridge but didn't bought any bowls. The guy noticed and told me that he'll buy one for us, so I agreed and thanked him in advance. He smiled again and then went out, my brother asked me if he's my boyfriend or something, I told him he's just a random guy sitting near us and suddenly went close. Once the red-haired guy came back with bowls and utensils, I asked him why he's doing it.

He just told me that he likes me, and that weirded me out. After my father ate the porridge, his name is called by the assistant nurse. I let my brother come with him because I wanna talk to this weird guy for a bit. After about 30 minutes, I've come to realize that he's actually a good guy that is genuine with his actions.

I also noticed that he has a lisp which is kinda cute. Talking to this guy diminished that impression of mine a while ago. My dad's check up is over and my brother called me for something. I said goodbye to the red-haired guy and kissed me on my cheek as a goodbye.

Of course I was shocked and just stood there flustered. So I just laughed it off and went out. He just sat there smiling at me while I get further away. My dad is actually fine, there's nothing wrong with him.

I am glad that he's fine because we don't have to buy any medications. As we leave the hospital, I looked at where me and that weird guy sat. He's sitting there like he's waiting for someone. He seem to have saw me, he jumped up and pushed towards me.

He said that if we are going home, he'll take us for a ride. I turned him down but he insists so I let him do what he requested. He was happy that I let him drive us home, he put his hand around my shoulders as we walk towards his car. I thought he's being to clingy for a stranger.

We stepped in the car awkwardly, I sat beside the driver seat and saw a quite cute lizard key chain hanging on his rear view mirror. Although I've never seen a red lizard before which is quite weird because he told me it's his pet. Completely weirded out again, we begin move away from the hospital. About 20 minutes in, he suddenly told me than he likes lizards, out of nowhere, so I just nodded yes.

We soon reached the house by sundown, so I invited him to eat dinner this night. As we guide my dad out the car, we're talking about what to eat, so I asked the guy what he wants to eat. He told me 'anything's fine' and that annoyed me a little bit, so I decided to just order some chicken and deliver it here. We sat in the living room for a while we wait for the delivery. The atmosphere was awkward, someone needs to start a conversation.

So, dad asked the guy what is his name, he said his name is Sauria which sounds like a girl's name. We talked about some interests to pass some time and to know each other more. We're getting more comfortable with each other, we laugh and we shared some stories about our life.

I told him what happened to me last week, and he couldn't believe. Silence engulfs the situation, then someone knocks at the door. It was the chicken, I told them that they should prepare the dining room immediately because I am starving. We sat and ate chicken with a happy tummy.

We cleaned the table and my brother ran upstairs immediately and dad went to the bathroom because you know he needs to do his business. So Sauria and I sat at the living room for while until he decided to go home because it's about to be midnight. I accompanied him to his car and out of the blue, he kissed me on the cheek again, annoyed, I pushed him away, turned around and said goodbye. As I walk slowly, Sauria said, 'Did you think the cat killed your mom?', I froze in place.

I slowly turn around to look at him, and he's not smiling which made me more scared of him, because I did  not tell him anything about my mom. I asked him if he has something to do with my mom's death and he shook his head no, so I told him to just go home, and that sentence is stuck to me for a week. After that night, I never heard of anything about Sauria anymore.