Prologue

Ahem! Today... I'll tell you the story of the lost book of prophecies. This prophetic book was a mysterious tome full of stories of future events. Of course, many people craved this book, wishing to glimpse their futures. But no person, after obtaining this amazing book, ever found happiness. The reason? The book held frightful secrets not meant for people's eyes. That book came to be called the Dark Prognosticus and was sealed away. This...is the tale of that forgotten book's last owner. It is a tale of love... And... a tale of trust...

--------

The Mushroom Kingdom started off well today. The sun came up, leaving a glimmering brightness on the Mushroom Kingdom. Not very many people knew about the Mushroom Kingdom, otherwise known as the Mushroom World. It was a strange and mystical place, filled with otherworldly beings; though a few of them weren't.

Peach Toadstool was known as the princess of the Mushroom Kingdom. She was tall, and had a headstrong approach to handling most problems in the kingdom. Her castle was huge, and she had a loyal following of Toads, which were human-like creatures that wore mushroom caps on their heads.

But someone who opposed her; someone much less human. He was King Bowser, a huge turtle-dragon hybrid, otherwise known as a Koopa. He ruled an area not too far away from the Mushroom Kingdom. Practically other week he wanted to kidnap Peach for his own selfish reasons. He had a huge following, one even bigger than Princess Peach's. And to top it off, he also had 7 very powerful Koopalings, along with his very own son.

So how was King Bowser stopped? Who would be able to rescue Princess Peach when she would inevitably be kidnapped?

The Super Mario Bros. Mario and Luigi were the protectors of the Mushroom Kingdom, always having to travel to Bowser's Castle to rescue Peach. But they weren't alone.

Violet, a 19-year-old woman lived with the two heroes. She wasn't as skilled as the Mario Bros, but she still tried her hardest to save the day. Several months ago had been when they found her, but the circumstances surrounding how she got there were... mysterious...

All three had elemental powers. Mario's was fire, Luigi's electricity, and Violet's ice. Mario and Luigi found theirs back during the Beanbean Kingdom incident, which happened before Violet came along. Violet found her powers only a couple weeks after Mario and Luigi found her.

Today, thankfully, there weren't any attacks from Bowser or anything like that. Mario's house was small, though all three residents were trying to get it renovated at some point. But today, only Mario was in his bed...

It took a while for Mario to wake up, considering that his alarm that he normally set didn't go off. He woke up slowly, almost considering going back to sleep for a couple minutes just to get that little bit of extra rest in before starting the day.

Mario turned over in his bed and looked at his alarm clock, only to see that it was 10:18 AM, over two hours past the normal time he woke up.

"Shoot!" Mario quickly arose out of his bed and ran to his drawer, not wanting to waste any more time. He quickly put on his dress clothes, which consisted of a plain red shirt, a pair of blue overalls, socks and shoes, and his trusty red hat with an M on it.

When Mario didn't see Violet or Luigi in their beds, the plumber assumed they had already gone out. After making a short breakfast, he walked out the door. The sun was already high in the sky, with the clouds being scarce.

Mario almost checked his mailbox, until he remembered that it was Sunday. It felt weird, waking up late on a Sunday; though there was nothing wrong with it.

Today was a good day to go visit Peach. Bowser usually didn't attack on Sundays, so Mario was glad for that. He loved the Princess a lot, and he wanted to be in a relationship with her. It was pretty hard to ask, considering she was stolen every other week. Mario was sure Bowser was going to try to marry her at some point, but he knew he would be able to stop him when that time came.