CHAPTER 2

Recap

'I am going to miss you mother', he said in a serious tone, looking at her face.

'I know', she replied, 'you have to leave Viraj, or I will have to break a tradition', her eyes filled with unshed tears, 'do you want your mother to do that, Viraj?' she asked.

'No, mother', he said and immediately left for the stable to take his horse, his companion, Jugnoo.

CHAPTER 2

Viraj was moving towards a new life that will bring ordinary experiences. That will be the most extraordinary moments, he will always cherish. Along with new people that could become friends or enemies.

A life full of hurdles, but his mother already prayed for him, asked God to give him courage.

He remembered his conversation, with his father, when he went to the stable, to fetch Jugnoo.

'I know this is hard for you, but it's not easy for me too', the king said in an authoritative voice, but it sounded weak.

At that moment, Viraj realized, not only his mother but his father was losing his strength each day.

Why wouldn't he?

He was losing his wife and couldn't do anything about it.

Everyone knew that the queen is not going to live for long. Now as Viraj was leaving, the king would be all alone.

'You know how I am able to do this, even though it hurts?' he asked his father.

The king shook his head. He was afraid if he tries to speak, he might lose control of his emotions.

'Because I trust you, I trust you will take good care of her'. He whispered. 'I know you will keep her happy even when you aren't'. He said, louder this time 'Am I right, father?'

'Yes, son. I know you will become a great king, not only for me or your mother but for your Mukta kingdom.' He patted Viraj's shoulder twice, after completing what he has to say.

With this, the King and the crown princess, both vowed to become what they have to, for one to become a great ruler and for other to be the husband, the queen of Mukta kingdom needs and to keep her happy, till her last breath.

Suddenly Viraj's thoughts were abrupt when a gatekeeper stopped him, at the entrance of the soldier's training camp.

Viraj slides from Jugnoo's back. He gave his recommendation letter, as per the camp's requirement, signed by the sub - commander Munj.

 He gave his recommendation letter, as per the camp's requirement, signed by the sub - commander Munj

After reading the information, the gatekeeper allowed him into the camp.

Just as he was about to enter the camp, the gatekeeper asked 'Veer wait, only the royals or those with higher position have horses of this breed, where did you get it from?'

'Veer' - the name he will be using during his stay in the camp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed your read 😊

Do vote, comment, and add this book to your library and your public reading list.

You can also follow and check out my other work.

See you soon...