Chapter Seven

September 9, 2007, 6:15 a.m.

Rain hit my face again, landing in my mouth open. I felt dizzy, sick...freaked out. My father just tried to kill me. As in dead. By his own hands.

Obviously he didn't know it was me. And he had the CIA following the younger me around just to prevent my death. The craziness of that alone was too much to grab on to at the moment. Someone knocked lightly behind my head and I jumped, completely startled.

That's when I realized I had just been leaning against the door of Starbucks. Again.
In 2007. Exactly where I had left from.

The girl behind the counter, and from my high school, poked her head outside and stuck something in front of my face.
"You left your cell phone on the counter," she said.
I took it from her hands and stared at her for a long moment.
"It's 2007, right? Senior year?"

The panic in my voice was such a contrast to the people all around me, strolling the streets of Manhattan on a Sunday morning. Didn't they know the world had just flipped upside down? Or that it might end in some catastrophic event preventing me from ever returning to the future?

Of course not. Only my world had turned over. Not anyone else's.

"Yep. It's 2007," the girl said to me with a bewildered smile.
Obviously she thinks I'm nuts.

"And that's a cool phone. Where'd you get it? I've never seen that model, and my sister works for--"
"It's just a prototype. I've got a few connections. Shouldn't even have it out in the open."
I stuffed the phone in my pocket.
"Um...I'll see you later."

The rain has slower to a light drizzle, so I took off running across the street and toward the park. Nothing could make anything about the last few hours seem normal. The only activity I could do to keep from panicking was to write it all down. Just like I had promised Kevin.

Kevin. If only I could see him now. Or Mitch...

I walked a little ways until I found a tree to sit under and pulled out my journal, hoping to calm myself down. But the thought of those two names had sent my heart racing.
Especially the last one.

I tried not to think about him...tried to focus on the details.
The scientific facts.
But the truth was, since the first day I met Mitch, when he ran right into me, dumping his coffee all over my shoes, I hadn't been able to stop thinking about him. Something I'd never really come right out and admitted.

At first, Mitch was just the boy I couldn't have. Not only did he have a very devoted boyfriend, but he had a million smart-ass comments about the rich, privileged kids we were in charge of. At least he did until he found out I was one of them. That shut him up for a while.

People always want what they can't or shouldn't have. That alone seemed to pull Mitch and me together like a couple of magnets.
And I know it wasn't just me gravitating towards him. It went both ways.

I had to get back to 2009. My eyes closed and I forced myself to focus every ounce of energy on when and where I needed to be.

______________________
A/N

Hey guys! How are you liking it so far?
Please leave me comments, I want to know your thoughts!
Next chapter is coming soon. :)
STAY FCUTE!