Chapter Four

A/N
Sensitive Subjects Mentioned
Enjoy!
-----------------

Friday, October 29, 2009, 6:00 pm

Tonight, me and my sidekick a implementing a plan that's been in the works for a while: stealing my medical records from Dr. Bram's office. Kevin's convinced we might find something in there to indicate why I'm such a freak of nature. But really, does he think "Crazy Time Traveler" will be stamped on the outside of the folder?
I've spent the last week observing Dr. Bram's erratic and very inconsistent schedule. Basically, he's always working. Except two nights ago. This experiment will involve a two-day time jump into the past. (my current record), and some very scientific and devious maneuvers.
Kevin's on his way back from MIT now and is probably freaking out, trying to come up with all the formulas beforehand. I've done my part, writing down my goal, and now I just have to rearrange my plans with Mitch. Kevin's trips have been so last-minute since school started that I keep canceling on Mitch. But he's totally busy with classes. He'll probably be relieved. Besides, I can still make it to dinner, just not the movie......speaking of dinner. Shit! I'm already 15 minutes late...
More data entry later.

*

October 29, 2009, 9:30 pm

Okay, so maybe Mitch didn't take the change in plans as well as I thought he would.

"Come on, Mitch, open the door."
Two guys ran passed me, laughing.
I turned back to Jake. "He doesn't want to see you," he sneered. "I knew you were trouble. I tried to tell Mitch but he doesn't listen to me."
I fought back the urge to shout at Mitch's angry roommate. His arms were spread in front of the door, blocking me. Like I might try to knock it down or something. I shrugged. "Jake, don't you have a club meeting to go to or something?"
Music started playing from the other side of the door.
"You're just darling, Scott. Now I'm really not giving you my key."
I banged my head gently against the wall beside the door. "Please let me in."
"Don't forgive him. He'll just screw with you! Again and again," Jake shouted.

Okay. I am seriously going to strangle this guy.

A door flew open behind us and I turned to look at the boy standing with a thick textbook cradled in his arms. "Scott, I'm really sorry, but I need to study. And Jake, please shut up. I don't need your help."
The music coming from Mitch's room cranked up even louder. I turned to Jake and shouted over the noise, "I'll play you a hundred dollars to hand over your key and disappear for the night."
I waited for his lecture about violating the dorm rules or some shit like that. But to my surprise, his eyebrows lifted and he said, "Make it two hundred."
I opened my wallet and pulled out a credit card, placing it in his hand.
"Just take this."
He dropped the key into the floor and took off down the hall. I sighed with relief.
I snatched the key from the floor and held it to the doorknob.
"Mitch, please talk to me."
The only answer I got was the thumping base best from some Deadmau5 song. I put the key in the door and opened it slowly, expecting to see Mitch on the other side, waiting for me. So he could steal the key and shove me out again.
A white sneaker flew across the room and slammed into the wall above the window. I stepped inside and shut the door before looking around the room. Mitch's feet stuck out from the closet along with the ends of his red bathrobe.
I wasn't sure if he'd heard me come in, but then again, maybe the shoe was meant for me. Wouldn't be the first time a shoe has been thrown at me, but for Mitch, it was a little out of character.
I had to dodge a brown sandal as I crossed the room to turn off the stereo. As soon as the music stopped, he quit digging through his stuff, crawled out of the closet, and stood right in front of me.
"I have good news," I said, trying to smile, but it didn't quite go with the mood. "Jake's actually willing to shut up for the night for the right price. He won't be back until tomorrow."
"Seriously? You paid my roommate to leave?"
There wasn't even the slightest hint of amusement on his face. A knot formed in my stomach.
"Tell me what's wrong. What did I do?" Just by saying this I had admitted that I knew it was more then just canceling the movie plan. Very stupid on my part. I reached out my hand, but his arms stayed folded across his chest.
"You're always hiding stuff from me, running around with Kevin like a couple of kids."
"Are you jealous? I know he was your friend first, but maybe we can work out a schedule.