Part two: " WE'RE HEADING FOR STAL!"

" ROB! ROB! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? ARE YOU ASLEEP? WAKE UP!"

I jolted.

" What?" i thought," who was that?! WHERE AM I?"

" COME ON ROB! DON'T DO THIS TO ME NOW!" the voice continued," WE'RE LOSING ENGINE SIX, AND ARNT BARELY HALF WAY TO KOLD!!!"

" Aaah!" i yelped.

The light was so intense i could barely see a thing, or, even remember anything, at that matter. My vision went from white, to blurred, then back to white, then blurred, until i could finally SEE what was actually in front of me. 

" A..... cockpit?" i wondered in curiosity," What am i doing in a pilot's seat?! maybe.... maybe im dreaming! yeah! THAT'S IT! ugh. and the only way to get out of a dream is.."

I began pulling my hand from my pocket ( preparing to slap myself in hopes id ' wake up') when i  felt something soft inside of it.

" whats this?"

Carefully i began pulling the small, fragile object, out. Whatever it was, it was comforting, and i knew i had felt it some where, just, couldn't put my finger on it ( no pun intended).

" Spar." The voice said. " now that's something I'm NOT gonna miss." 

instantaneously my mind flooded and i remembered EVERYTHING. With just one word, the life time story of leaving Condero, came back to me.

" Oh?" i asked questioningly.

" Well....yeah, i mean... HONESTLY ill miss every part of home, but, ya know, Spar was annoying....ANYWAYS! WE CANT BE THINKING ABOUT THAT RIGHT NOW! YOU HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT FLYING THIS SHIP! C'MON ROB! " 

" RIGHT!" i replied," SORRY ABOUT THE DELAY! I JUST GOT LOST IN MY HEAD FOR A MINUTE! SO! DEAN! WHATS OUR SITUATION?"

" Well boss, it doesn't look pretty." dean said collectedly," We have about an hours worth of fuel left, but, our sixth engine is dying, and you and i both know well, if that happens, game over  if we have any fuel left or not."

" damn.... and how far away is Kold?"

" approximately 2000 creves away!" dean explained," so, time wise? well, time wise, about three times the amount of fuel we have left. so. three hours away."

My mind raced, " THREE HOURS? THATS WAY TO LONG!" I thought franticly, " Mmm, wonder if we have reserves!"

" DEAN! DO WE HAVE ANY RESERVE BOOSTS LEFT?"

" reserves? uuum, let me check!"

an uncomfortable silence fell over the intercom. It wasn't so much uncomfortable as it was scary.

" Its so huge" i thought, staring into the vast, endless space in front of me.

" My God. how did i get here? Why did we have to leave condero, and why was i chosen to fly the vessel? wh-why me?"

My thinking was interrupted by Dean SCREAMING into my head set, " YEAH! WE HAVE ONE BOOST LEFT! IT ISN'T HUGE! BUT IT CAN PUT US FORWARD A WHOLE HOUR!" 

 " PERFECT!" I replied.

" Don't get to excited " dean reminded," Remember! you have to aim RIGHT at Kold because once the boost is up, and after we lose our fuel, we're gonna be free gliding with no way of steering!"

" RIGHT!" in encouraged," I'M GONNA HIT KOLD DIRECTLY IN THE CENTER! NO WORRIES!"

" THERE YOU ARE!" dean cheered," SO. YOU READY FOR THAT BOOST? i mean, this is EVERY conderian alive we're talking about, you need a minute to think abou-"

" IM READY DEAN! HIT THE RESERVES! "

" EYE EYE CAP'IN!" dean replied," USING RESERVE BOOST 12, NOW!!!"

i felt the ship begin to accelerate, along with my heart beat, but i had to make sure i was focusing PURELY on aiming us at Kold, it was my only shot!

" All running normally" dean informed.

" good, good" i thought to myself," We, we can make it after all! every thing... everything is gonna be oka-"

* POW! POW POW!*

The ship banked hard as the small trimmers from the explosions continued.

" DEAN WHAT THE HELL?"

" OH NO. ENGINE SIX, IT, ITS FRIED BOSS!" dean answered, "WE'VE. WE'VE LOST CONTROL OF THE WHOLE LEFT WING!"

already i could feel the entire vessel banking slowly to the right, and aiming completely off coarse of Kold.

" DEAN! CAN YOU CUT THE BOOST! WE GOTTA STOP TO REPAIR!"

" SORRY ROB!" dean replied," THE BOOST HAS ALREADY ENTERED THE FUEL PIPES! WE CANT STOP THEM! THI-THIS IS IT ISN'T IT BOSS? IS THIS THE WAY WE'RE ALL SUPPOSED TO END?"

" CALM DOWN DEAN!" i yelled.

" YEAH, THIS IS IT."

" SHUT UP DEAN! I HAVE A PLAN! CAN YOU TELL ME HOW FAR AWAY THE CLOSEST PLANET IS?" 

There was another brief moment of silence until dean replied," yeah. the closes planet apart from Kold is a planet called ' Stal' just to our right."

" GREAT! I CAN STEER TO THE RIGHT! WE'LL JUST, LAND ON STAL!"

" Thad be wonderful wouldnt it?" said dean.

" What do you mean? im doing it right now! we're heading straight for it.''

" GOSH YOU CAN BE DULL SOMETIMES ROB!" said dean angerly," IF WE COULD HAVE JUST LANDED ON ANY OLD PLANET WHY DIDNT WE HEAD FOR STAL ( the closer one) IN THE FIRST PLACE?"

trying to control my anger while trying to think of a reason why we did infact plan on going to Kold instead caused me to be completely quiet.

answering himself dean said," We didnt want to go to Stal because we couldnt be sure if its atmosphere could support life for conderians. you see? it has a foggy haiz around it, so we have no idea if anything lives there!"

" Fair enough," i replied," but what else can i do! this whole game was on chance in the first place, and now we're in a delema! so its between floating off into space and eventually running out of air and dying. Or risking us dying on a planet with no air in the first place! come on dean! We HAVE to go to stal. we have to."

" i guess.... I guess you're right anyways. and... HOW FAR CAN ARGUING ABOUT IT GET US! YOU'RE THE PILOT ANYWAYS! ITS YOUR DECISION! SO? GIVE THE ORDER ALREADY!"

" thats probably what im gonna miss most about you dean.... that is... if we die..." i said.

" what do you mean Rob?"

" Just. The constant joy you bring.... ya know, allong side saying we're all gonna DIE ANYWAYS!"

" AAAAAAH SHUT UP YA JERK!" replied dean," its funny bud. even the thought of death, doesnt make me feel like id lose you. even when we're apart, it feels like you're right there next to me. Rob. if this is our last day.... I can tell you confidintely... that.... you....you are... and always will be... my best frie-"

" NO TIME FOR THAT! WE HAVE OUR WHOLE SPECIES TO SAVE DEAN! SO LISTEN CLOSELY CAUSE IM ONLY GONNA SAY THIS ONCE!"

I paused,

" WE'RE HEADING FOR STAL!"