Part one: Goodbye Condero

" lets take a moment of silence to close our eyes and believe in the land we so dearly love, and its beauty, and believe in our beauty, and the love we all possess within us."

Those were the last words said on Condero. Nothing could have been so bitter, but

nothing could have been as important and encouraging as these. Its funny, I thought, Hansen Gray the 3rd ( Conderos leader) would tell us to close our eyes, that was the last thing we wanted to do. Saying goodbye to this land also meant saying goodbye to its beautiful sunrises, its vast, lush, forests, saying goodbye to Con city, the city our grandfathers grandfathers broke their backs to build and protect. the last thing we wanted to do was to shut our eyes, and dare missing a moment of its dying magnificents. All were still as Hansen’s words echoed to the innermost part of our hearts, and the farthest most part of Condero. no one cried, no one spoke, and no one moved, except me. I had bent down and plucked what would soon be my most important memory of Condero. " Spar" i thought," Its such a silly plant". spar was an inch high, shrub like plant with a VERY thin stem, with two inch wide fuzzy, leaf like plate on the top of it. Most people considered, and even related to spar as a pest, or plague, but not me. most of my young life i had been spent studying this weird plant that covered all the surface area of Condero. Oh my, there were so many different species! Volcanic! Aquatic! Thermal! it was so cool, but now, seems so far away. so standing there, in front of the " Vessel" everyone thought would be our salvation, the "vessel" meant to fit perfectly all the Beastmen, i plucked a single, small, green piece of spar, and put it into my pocket.

no one knew what to do. it seemed that everyone, in their own minds were striving to remember every moment they had on Condero, but couldn't muster but one or two. in a way, it was like trying to remember a dream, but only grasping a few glimpses of what really happened. the depressing silence continued until a small, blond haired young girl began singing a few people in front of me. “ Con-der-o, Con-der-o, Con-der-o, we stand strong. live long, live long, oh Con-der-o” It was Condero’s anthem. at first the heartbroken voice of the girl wasn't heard, but then, gradually, others began singing along. “ Con-der-o, Con-der-o, Con-der-o, we stand strong. live long, live long, oh Con-der-o” The song spread until every man and woman living was singing over and over the blessing our people had always given to our planet. Not only did the song help remind those struggling of times spent on Condero, it also touched many hearts and cause many, if not all, to weep. That, single handedly, was the saddest day of my life. but thats the past now. we all piled into “ The Vessel”, we all watched as the engines started, and our beautiful planet Codero slowly grew farther and farther away. That is what happened and nothing different. Many times i loose hope and want to believe our planet is still there, floating, waiting for us to return, but that isn't so at all. What i need to focus on is the present. What's happening right now. wait.... what is happening right now?