Adjustment

"Freezing another student's mouth shut-" Nezu began as he shut his office door. "- is not the expected behaviour for a U.A. student, especially from one of the top in 1-A."

"I apologise." Todoroki stood awkwardly in the middle of the room, bowing his head.

"May I ask your reasons?" Nezu continued. The principal hopped up onto his desk chair, eyeing down the student in front of him.

"Uh, it was stupid of me. He just said some unpleasant things." Todoroki sighed.

"I understand this is a difficult time for you, but using your quirk on U.A. grounds without permission is strictly forbidden, furthermore on another student outside of training." It was Nezu's turn to sigh.

"I understand." Todoroki replied solemnly, finally looking up.

"I think you could do with some time off." Nezu reasoned.

"Principal, it won't happen again-"

"No." Nezu raised a paw. "This is hardly a punishment. I think you were allowed back to early. You should have time to adjust."

"I'm fine." Todoroki insisted.

"What happened with Monoma Neito, is not fine." Nezu pointed out gently. "You have the rest of the week off."

"Okay..." Todoroki relented albeit not happily.

"I will call Aizawa and Yamada to take you home." Nezu announced, already reaching for the lobster red phone stationed on the corner of his desk.

"Don't bother them, I can get back myself." Todoroki said. 

"All three of you are taking the week off." Nezu explained. 

"I see." Todoroki hated the idea of interrupting his guardians job. They had rescued him, taken him in and now this? It was only a matter of time before they got fed up, right?

~

Aizawa sighed as his phone rang. No one could just leave him alone could the- what if it's Shoto? He quickly accepted the call, not bothering to check the caller ID.

"Hello?" He breathed down the line.

"Aizawa, it's the principal." Nezu's high pitched voice rang out.

"Ah, principal, did something happen?" Aizawa asked.

"Shoto Todoroki froze Monoma Neito's mouth shut..." WHAT?!

"The hell..? Is Shoto okay?" Aizawa asked.

"Shoto's fine, if a little shaken. The point is, I'm sending you, Yamada and him home until next week. For the adjustment period. I think he came back too early." Nezu explained.

"I see. Shall I come and collect him?"

"Yes please." And with that, Nezu hung up. Aizawa ran a hand through his inky black locks, closing his eyes in exhaustion. A few seconds later, he snapped them open. Shoto could have another panic attack, he realised.

After sending a quick text about the news to Hizashi, he raced down to the principal's office. Luckily, Todoroki was sat on the cream sofa, breathing normally despite a small tremble in his shoulders. As soon as he caught sight on him, the teen stood up and bowed.

"Aizawa-Sensei, I'm incredibly sorry for all this." Todoroki announced quietly, straightening up and wringing his wrists.

"It's-" Aizawa sighed. "It's okay. Lets get you home, eh?"

"I'm sorry for making you leave work." Todoroki continued.

"Shoto, you're okay." Aizawa slowly drew the teen in for a hug, before turning to address Nezu. "He can come in next Monday?"

"Of course!" Nezu smiled at the pair, placing a teacup back on his desk. "Use this time wisely."

"We will." Aizawa nodded his head before steering Todoroki out the office.

"I'm sorry." The teen said again.

"Shoto, it's okay. Monoma's okay. You didn't kill anyone." Aizawa chuckled while saying the last sentence.

"But I could've. I can't just loose control of my quirk like that!" Todoroki cried, stopping their walk down the corridor. Aizawa noticed the teen's breathing was getting too fast, short and gasped gulps of air.

"Shoto, breathe. In for four, out for four." Aizawa demonstrated the breaths until Todoroki caught on. "Now, Hizashi is waiting with the car outside."

"O-okay." Todoroki resumed walking, and Aizawa replaced a hand on his shoulder. They exited the building in silence, only Aizawa's exaggerated breathing prompting Todoroki's into an even pace.

"Hey little listener!" Hizashi called when he saw them approaching. He didn't mention the reason they were going home, but that made it all the more uncomfortable. 

"Hello..." Todoroki murmured. 

"Lets get going!" Hizashi beamed, opening the car door for Todoroki. The teen stiffly got in, and the blonde closed the door behind him.

"Shouta, now might be a good time to bring up the therapist thing." Hizashi whispered to his spouse.

"You're right, I will." Aizawa agreed, before getting into the passenger seat. He looked at the backseat, seeing Todoroki with his head down and hands trembling.

"Shoto, can you look at me?" Aizawa asked. Todoroki obliged, heterochromic eyes meeting dark ones. Hizashi had gotten in the driver's seat, and had also turned round to join in the conversation. 

"We've been thinking about sending you to a specialised therapist..."