Chapter 1

(Play "Breathe Me" by Sia for a more dramatic effect. ~Nina)

LUNA'S POV

I was going up to my room to talk to my friends on Skype when all of a sudden I was bathed in almost pitch black darkness. On my phone I saw the wifi bars drop down to zero one by one and I ran downstairs to ask my parents what was going on. I found my parents and little sister Sophia getting ripped into shreds by these things that weren't even human. I just stared, petrified, at the things tearing into their flesh and spilling out the blood of my family. My whole body felt numb as I saw the scene. Suddenly I yelled, "MOM! DAD! SOPHIA!" I looked around desperately hoping to see someone who can help them, "HELP! HELP! SOMEBODY! HELP! Help..." I said barely audible as my breath hitched as I saw the things turning towards me. Their lifeless eyes stared into my mine as if they were searching for something in my soul. I quickly turned my attention to my little sister Sophia as she mouthed, "Run... They're... Coming..." and her head dropped back the life leaving her body just to come back as one of them.

My mouth hung open and listening to what my sister told me to do I felt myself run to the door. I threw it open and sprinted to the streets that I used to bike on with my sister. As I thought of her then and now, tears started to blur my vision so I blindly continued to run. I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand and looked back to see if the things were close. They weren't anywhere to be seen.

I stopped, realizing how tired I was. I looked to my left and saw another one of those things coming towards me. I fell back and it came towards me, its mouth opened and its teeth bared ready to eat me alive. I crawled back cowering under the walking dead mound of flesh. Am I going to die like this? All of a sudden I heard a loud 'BANG'. The thing fell before me as I looked straight ahead and there stood a boy looking my age with piercing blue eyes and brown hair up to the ends on his neck. He just stared emotionlessly at its corpse bleed out and walked away.

I could barely talk as I was stuttering with every breath I take but I felt like I had to say something. "T-thank you." I sobbed.

He turned and glared at me as if he was pissed and said "Be careful and get some weapons. I won't always be here to save the goody goody from the walkers," and he turned back to where he was going and continued to walk.

(Please don't forget to vote and comment! Thank chu!)