Chapter 2- My Home

I wanted to stay and talk to Jace longer, but I had a feeling that I needed to get out. He gave me this feeling that I really never experienced before. I definitely like him and he is for sure the most gorgeous man I've ever seen in my life but his eyes... Those shaded midnight eyes seemed to miss nothing and see right through me. Like he new me my whole life.

The entire walk home, all I thought of was Jace. His eyes, his crooked smile, his dark, thick, wavy hair. But once I was outside of my house, I noticed it was snowing. I pulled my black pea coat over my bloodied shirt. I had my dark skinny jeans on and my black faux leather boots on.

I looked up towards the sky and close my eyes. The snow was beautiful. I wish I could stay out here forever but I new I had to go inside, to make dinner.

I turned towards my house. It was an old two-story building with paint chipping off everywhere and it was a really dark shade of blue. It has a porch with four stairs leading up to it and then the screen door hanging off the top hinge. The front door is a sad grey color that is scratched and aged with no mercy. I hurried and go inside.

I live with my Aunt Rachel and Uncle Henry. My parents passed away when I was about 11 years old due to a car accident and my moms sister and her husband were the only family I had left. Rachel was in her mid 30's but acted like she was in her 20's. She's constantly looking for a new adventure to get involved with her husband. They never wanted to settle into a house and have children because the love to travel. They obviously took me in because my aunt always felt guilty of leaving her older sister behind to see the world. But I knew they loved me in their own way.

I opened the door to the living room.