Chapter 10

Nikita looked up at Madison. Her face was filthy and scratched up. When she went over to Nikita who was still lying on the ground, Nikita smelled the smoke on her.

"What's going on?" Nikita asked her.

"The US sent us reinforcements. People from all over came to help us out. We did what you told us, and rescued hundreds of people. With the help of the reinforcements we were able to regain control. We thought it was over until this." She said signaling the four dead Russians around us.

"No, they took me back to what I assume was their base. Demyan was in charge. He strapped me to a chair, and attempted an interrogation, but I got free and was able to kill him. Then whoever was left there chased me, and now they’re all dead, so if it's over here, then it's over," Nikita informed her, then adding. "Oh, yeah, uh. Garrison." She looked at the ground, her eyes tearing up. H-he didn't make it," she stuttered.

"Nikita-", Madison began.

A large figure rounded the corner, one arm was in a sling.

"Garrison!" Nikita yelled! She ran to him wrapping her arms around his neck and giving him a huge hug. He laughed and wrapped his other arm around her. "But you were, you were dead! I was with you, how are. How are you here right now?" She asked him.

"They found me and fixed me. I shouldn't be up right now, but I had to know you were ok. When I regained consciousness, I asked about you and they told me you hadn't been found yet. I didn't know what to think. I, I'm just so happy you're ok!" He told her smiling. "There is a meeting with the sergeant we gotta go to. It's in what's left if the cafeteria," he informed them.

They headed off toward the cafeteria being the last ones to enter and take a seat in the back.

"First off, to everyone who made it through we are very proud of you. Also we have been holding the letters that are from your loved ones. We were going to give them to you on the plane to Afghanistan, but seeing as that we can not finish training every single one of you is being relieved of these duties. Therefore you are getting your letters back now. Please back in your bags whatever you have left and be ready for departure home at 0900 tomorrow. Good job today," the sergeant informed them.

Madison, Nikita, and Garrison made their way up to the front to get their mail. Garrison didn't get any and Madison didn't much either, though Nikita got plenty. She flipped through them reading Jacob, Jacob, Jacob, Nicole, Mom, Nicole, Dad, and more.

"Don't you even think of leaving without saying goodbye, ok? Meet up at the airport tomorrow?" Nikita asked.

"Of course," Garrison responded.

With that Madison and Nikita headed toward the showers. They wanted to get clean before anything, then they headed for the cabin. They had to shove the door open to get through the debri. The bunk beds were still standing and most of their clothes were in tack. Both girls packed their bags and climbed into their bunks.

"You and Garrison obviously got closer," Madison said.

Nikita blushed and replied, "Yeah, I guess you could say that." She thought over everything that had happened that day. When the realization hit her she lost her breath. She had fallen in love with Garrison.

"Don't you wanna look at your letters?" Madison asked.

"Oh yeah. I forgot," Nikita responded.

She grabbed a letter Jacob had written her. She broke the top and pulled out a thick letter.

Dear Nikki,

I think about you everyday. I haven't heard from you, but the scary army men haven't gone to your house either so I'm assuming you aren't dead. I can't help but relive all the time we ever spent together. Whenever I think about the way we used to talk, with ease and without boundaries. I'm scared. I'm so scared. I don't wanna lose you. You mean so much to me, and the thought of you risking your life for us, scares me. I wish you'd write us back. I don't know why you aren't. I mean you did promise us. I guess you want to know how all of us are doing. Well your mom and dad miss you like crazy, I mean I guess we all miss you like crazy. They are doing well. Your mom, dad, Nicole, and I make it a point to hang out once a week while your gone. Nicole misses you so much. She doesn't have anyone's style to try and fix so she settles for mine. I'm a guy, I don't care about style. Hahahaha. Well anyway, I have to say though, Deuce misses you more than any of us combined. Your parents like me take care of him. He is such a sweetheart. I don't know what's going on right now, while you're reading this, but I can only hope that you are smiling. I want you to remember, whenever your sad, just remember all the times we used to have. Like when you whipped me in a game of basketball. I was forever shamed. :). Nicole and I are driving to California. We promise to bring you home souvenirs from our travels. Well, lastly I guess you should know something Nikki. I do apologize for writing this in a letter, but I love you, and there is nothing I want more for you to come home to me. Please stay safe.

Love,

Jacob

She looked up from the letter finding herself in tears. How could I fall for someone else? I have these two wonderful guys, but I don't know which one is right for me. She thought to herself.

"You alright Nikita?" Madison asked. Nikita just shook her head, and handed Madiosn the letter. Madison read the letter and handed it back to Nikita. "If you are wondering between Garrison and Jacob my answer to you is simple. Who knows you best? Who understands you?" Madison advised.

Madison's words hit Nikita, sinking deep into her skin. The answer was obvious.

"Good night Nikita" Madison said.

In the morning, the girls woke up and immediately headed for the airport. Nikita spotted Garrison and ran up to him jumping into his arms.

"Garrison. Where are we going to go from here?" Nikita asked.

"Well, Nikki, I was wondering if you might want to come back home with me to Colorado?" He asked nervously.

A smile lit up Nikita's face, mixed with confusion. "I'd rather you come back with me," she answered. "I made up my mind. You understand me. You get what military life is like. I want you to be in my life."

He laughed and replied, "I don't know where that came from, but I'd be happy to accompany you back."

So it was set Nikita said her goodbyes to Madison and the rest of the squad, even Hannah. Then Garrison and Nikita headed for their terminal.