Seven

Happy Saturday! We're almost at the hen do! Who's excited?

***

"Okay, so let's go through it again," I said, sitting cross-legged on the sofa in the living room.

"Do we have to?" James groaned. I felt guilty because he was already tired, but I refused to let it go.

"Yes, now get your perfect arse over here and let's work this out!"

James had finally finished at work and thus ended my loneliness. Personally, I thought it was a little cruel for James to be working the day before his stag party. But I would not question either of our fathers. And knowing James, he would've refused the day off. Especially after having so much time off to attend to other wedding duties.

Not long after I had made him some dinner, and he had smiled through my basic cooking skills, we started analysing what could happen tomorrow. We hadn't come up with much, only the bare details we had known for quite some time. The discussions had been going on for a couple of hours and I could tell James was ready to give up. But I wasn't a quitter.

"So, you're definitely leaving the country?" I questioned for probably the hundredth time.

"Not unless my friends are playing a cruel trick on me." James laughed. His groomsmen consisted of work colleagues and old friends from university. They were all super close and almost like a fraternity. Or whatever the British equivalent would be. Although I questioned their maturity sometimes, I doubted they would lie about leaving the country.

"But you don't know where?" I asked, trying to get my head around everything.

"Nope," James sighed. I knew I was becoming tedious, but we both hated surprises unless we were in charge of them. It was one of the very few things we actually had in common. So surely it was in our best interests to work this out?

"Ugh!" I groaned, falling back onto the sofa. We appeared to be getting nowhere. I knew this from the get-go, but it didn't stop me from trying to decipher everything.

James laughed as he stroked my furrowed brow, and he sat closer to me, in a similar position. I was quick to engulf him in a hug. I was a rather clingy significant other, and I had been since the beginning. James was the opposite, but we balanced each other well. Well, he said he wasn't clingy, but he was always more than willing to return my cuddles when I attacked him. I was especially in need of hugs that evening, considering we were separating the next day.

"Why don't we just see what happens?" James asked from the hug. He kissed my neck, sending tingles throughout my body. I whipped my head up at his irrational reasoning, and he laughed once more. "I hate it as much as you do, but it's tomorrow. There's nothing to do now but wait."

I grumbled because he was right. As always.

We separated from the hug, and James stifled a yawn. I looked at the clock. It wasn't as late as I would go to bed, but James was usually the first of us to fall asleep, as he was usually the first person out of the door in the morning. Despite not knowing exactly what we were doing, it wasn't difficult to guess that we both had jam-packed days tomorrow. So, it was probably in both of our best interests to get an early night.

"I have to catch a flight to unknown territory tomorrow morning," he joked, kissing me on the forehead. "So, I guess I must go to bed."

"I'll join you," I said, standing up, stretching out my limbs, feigning tiredness.

"No, you don't have to," he smiled, squeezing my hand. "Stay up if you want. Watch one of those awful romance movies you love while you have the chance."