Chapter Five

After what seemed like hours, they both finally finished cleaning the hallway, twerking and laughing the whole time. What was done, was done. "Need a ride home, Swifty?" Eddie asked putting the supplies back on the desk in the detention room.

  "Well,.." Macy said, "Since you were the one that brought me to school.. and I have no other ride.. Yes, please." He half-smiled at her and they both headed out to his motorcycle.

  "Don't fall off now," He said chuckling as he kicked on the engine. "Wouldn't dream of it." Macy mumbled under her breath. 

Shortly after that Eddie reached Macy's house dropping her off, "Shit." She saw her mom's car in the parking lot, she was going to get a beating. "Good luck, Call me if you need anything." Eddie said to her before he took off to his own house. She did the thumbs up sign and headed inside to greet her mother, and him. Him, being the only other person that she hates in this world, Dr. Raybold. The therapist. Or, the creepy man Macy's mom always goes to once a day.

  "Hi Mum, Dr. Raybold..." She looked over at the two on the couch being all cuddly. Macy's little brother was sucked inbetween them. They were in a trance of each others eyes to even bother to pay attention to him.

  "Come on, Max. Let's take you upstairs for a bath." She quickly picked up her squished brother and ran up the stairs, he grabbed his things out of his room as Macy started the bath. "Not too warm, and not too hot." She said when she saw Max walk in the bathroom, he shut the door behind him and began to  undress himself. 

The front door downstairs shut, and her mum's voice disappeared. "Yes! He's gone!" Macy said aloud, but her mum would be pissed for her being late back home.. Even after dinner.

  "MACCCCCCCCCYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Her mum screamed, "Shit." She mumbled under her breath quiet enough for her brother not to hear. "Okay, Max, get in the tub and play with your little rubber ducky, I'll be back before you know it." He just nodded his head as he climbed into the tub. Macy groaned and sighed as she made her way down the steps to greet her mum. 

  "Hello, Mum.." She mumbled out somehow

  "Why are you late?!" Her mother screeched and slurred out, her breath reeked alcohol, her hair was messed up, and she was forming love bites on her neck. 

  "Uh.." Macy stammered out. "ANSWER ME." Her mother shrieked, louder this time. Macy was pretty sure her brother heard what was going on. 

  "I got detention for six hours." She said in a whisper tone, her mum just stood there, her veins almost popping out of her head. She knew what was about to happen to her. She was ready, or maybe she wasn't.. She just wasn't in the mood for what was coming her way.