i'll be watching/missing you or whatever the fuck that song is called...

it was a brisk morning as the wind blew in swipes and swirls across all of new york. the wind blew back the soft brown curls of michelle jones as she strutted down the street, a tan notebook, with the words "homecoming plans" written on a creme-colored piece of tape.

she turned the corner in a hurry before eventually setting in on a cozy, warm cafe. michelle opened the door, letting the warm air flow to her face as she heard a melodic tune play from the bell above her.

she nodded to the barista who gave a cheerful wave back, before settling in at a booth by the far window, near the next building over. she laid the book on the table, before taking out her macbook, and getting to work. she pulled up a few documents, copying everything that was in the notebook onto them, they could be ready when betty arrrived.

she was about 2 cups of tea in when she finished copying everything down, before forwarding it to the homecoming committee, as she heard the melodic tune of the cafe's welcoming bell. she looked up from her laptop to be met with betty brant.

"hey mj. how's it uploading?" betty asked, before taking a seat across from michelle.
she took a look back at the loading documents, to see they had already successfully uploaded.

"perfect, everyone in the committee now has access."
michelle said, signing out of her laptop and shoving it into her brown-clad bag, and sliding the the homecoming plans towards betty.

"now, what's the favor that you wanted?" betty asked intently, causing michelle to look up from her computer bag.

<3

peter and ned stood bored at their lockers, waiting for michelle. she was never late. hell, she was never on time. she was always early, leaning against the dark blue lockers, awaiting peter and ned's arrival.

"where do you think she is?" ned asked, placing his unneeded textbooks in his locker, and grabbing homework that was due today, but was completed almost a week prior.

"i dunno. we checked the library and the cafeteria..." peter said, his voice fading. he couldn't think of a single place that michelle would be right now, other than a cafe. but then michelle wouldn't be there, since all the cafe's are too far and she would be late.

peter, for once, was completely confused. he knew michelle better than this, or at least he though he did. more like he wished he did. peter longed for a stronger friendship with mj. or at least that's what he kept telling himself. peter truly wished to be more than friends with michelle, but knew it probably wouldn't go well. michelle was probably into other guys anyway, if she was even into guys at all. all these thoughts haunted peter so much, he didn't even see michelle arrive, and didn't come back to earth until michelle started dragging him to class.

"jesus parker what weights are you lifting! you're strong as a damn horse." michelle said, trying to drag peter's basically lifeless body through the halls. he finally shook himself from his thoughts to see mj, holding his hand dragging him through the halls to algebra. peter felt his face heat up as he began to walk normally, making michelle almost fall forward. she turned around to see peter had regained consciousness.

"welcome the the future, peter parker." michelle quipped sarcastically, letting go of peter's hand. peter felt his heart sink when michelle let go off his hand, but he had to pretend it didn't faze him.

peter didn't know if he would ever have enough courage to tell mj how he felt, but as a gen-z kid can you really blame him? he'll save the city while making sarcastic quips all through the way, he'll jump to save anyone in danger, suit or no suit, but can't confess his true feelings to his crush. 'it be like that sometimes' was his explanation when he explained it to tony, who simply just nodded and pretended he knew what that meant.