Chapter Thirteen

"It's December," Louis stated, a wide smile spread across his pink lips, his short fingers gripping the white doorhandle as he pulled the door closed after him, stepping into the warm yet cold hospital room, brown leather bag swung over his shoulder, hitting against his hip with every step he took.

"It is?" The familiar raspy voice replied, making Louis smile even wider - if possible so, his eyes meeting the younger boy's emerald greens, as he shuffled towards the occupied bed, plopping himself down on the edge of it. Harry smiled. "I like December. A lot."

"I like December too," The feather-haired boy replied, reaching down to put the grocery shopping bag next to the hospital bed, pulling out two chicken salad sandwiches and handing one over to Harry, before pushing himself onto the bed, next to the younger boy. "My birthday's in December. And so is Christmas. Speaking of which, what do you want for Christmas?"

"I don't want anything," Harry said in response almost immadiately, his wide eyes meeting Louis' bright blue ones and he felt his chest tighten. He grinned cheekily. "Nothing at all as long as I get to spend it with you,"

Louis bit his lip because how adorable was Harry? He smiled genuinely, taking a small bite out of his sandwich, sighing in satisfaction at the delicious taste that he favourited, his eyes scanning over the smiling face in front of him. "Cheeky. But you're cute, so that makes up for it."

"Shut up," Harry felt the bright pink blush colour his cheeks, as his arm rose up and he elbowed Louis in the rib, but only gently. It's not like he was strong enough to do it harder anyway, and Louis chuckled a little.

One of the female nurses that Louis recognised to be the one from yesterday, the one who gave him information about Harry, stepped into the room, smiling wide at the two boys curled up on the hospital bed. "Morning, Harry, good morning Louis,"

"Morning," The two boys replied in unison through mouthful of chicken sandwich, giggling at each other's muffled voices. The nurse grinned, picking up a clipboard with a few documents clipped onto it, and a pen.

"So, Louis, I have good news for you," She said after a few moments of comfortable silence only interrupted with chewing and breathing and giggling, and Louis' head snapped up from Harry's shoulder at the mention of his name, his eyes meeting the nurse's.

"Yeah?" He breathed in. Good news at the hospital were always good news, but considering the fact that it was Harry's condition that was rather bad, not his, it was suprising hearing that the good news that were to come were to be aimed at him.

"Your boyfriend is getting remarkably better each day, and will be able to leave the hospital soon," She smiled genuinely, and Louis froze. Harry was getting better, and he would be able to come home. His heart fluttered, until it hit him. She called Harry his boyfriend. Sounded good, except it wasn't exactly the truth - no matter how much Louis wished it was. He felt Harry tense up a little next to him, his mouth freezing halfway through chewing the sandwich.

"Oh, um, that's brilliant, thank you," Louis smiled a little, the news of Harry being better playing over and over again in his head, failing to overpower the boyfriend part.

"Yeah, thank you," Harry muttered, smiling a little at the nurse, who dismissed herself, leaving the room with a small wave, the grin still present on her face.

Louis leaned against the wall once again, his hands enterwining together on his lap, his eyes fixed on them. He hoped Harry didn't notice what she said. But well, obviously he did, right? He must have, after all. He could feel Harry's eyes burning into the side of his head, and the younger boy giggled a little.