Chapter Six

After all, and all meaning delicious breakfast made by no one else but Harry, with Niall's words of wisdom - 'I ain't going down there, what if it's a bloody murderer, man', Louis finally decided to check who decided to park their car on their peaceful road; so with a small skip to his step, he made his way down the stairs, and out the front doors of the apartment building.

Pulling the black hood of his jacket over his head, he slowly walked towards the red car as his eyes took in every imperfection of the vehicle, small scratches all over the paintjob and a little rust here and there. He frowned, noticing the human figure inside.

Of course, it wouldn't seem as unusual as it was for someone to have their car parked there; but first of all, the exact space was Louis' parking space, and in addition to that, no one ever drove through their street. It was quiet and peaceful, just how they liked it.

So he took all his courage, and gently raised his hand to knock on the car window twice with his knuckles. The figure stirred before the window rolled down.

"What?"

"Uh- sir, sorry to disturb, but, uh," Louis stuttered, taking in the sight. It was certainly an older adult, around the age of forty or fifty. He looked weird, unfriendly, however there was something about his eyes, the vivid green staring at him. "This is actually my parking space, so..."

"So?" The man growled, and Louis stepped back a little, feeling oddly full of fear.

"So, I was, um, wondering, if it was possible if you moved your car?" Louis squeaked out. "Please?"

"How about no, eh?" The man hissed through his teeth, the cigarette between his lips wobbling dangerously, making Louis step back again, his eyes somewhat angry and then he spat on the pavement. "Look kid, clear off."

"It's my parking space," Louis insisted, his eyes squinting.

"Clear off!"

So Louis did, right back up to their flat, scared of the unknown stranger. He pushed the door open, hanging his coat on the hanger, and walked into the living room, where another surprise was soon to be waiting.

He met Harry's eyes, big as usual, and Harry blinked a few times, fixing a small smile on his lips. "Alright?"

"Alright," Louis nodded, walking over to the sofa, and nudging Harry with his hip, urging him to scoot over so he could comfortably sit down next to him.

"Who's the man then? Did he leave?" Harry whispered, watching as Louis' hand gently rubbed his knee, drawing pointless patterns into the material of black jeans.

"No," Louis replied truthfully, shrugging, and Harry's smile altered. "Don't know who he is. He just spat on the pavement and told me to clear off."

Harry's eyes widened, quite comically, and Louis would have laughed but he wasn't in a mood for laughter, and this definitely wasn't the right time, as he stared at Harry's terrified expression. "What was he like?"

"Uhh... quite big of a man, actually, green eyes, similar to yours, uhh, hair fading into grey," Louis chuckled nervously, eyeing Harry. "Harry, don't worry-"

"No, no, Louis!" Harry cried out, his eyes glistening with tears, and Louis swallowed the lump in his throat, gently rubbing his thumb over the tear stains down Harry's cheek, feeling somewhat guilty. "I-I might, I might know who it is."

The older boy pulled Harry in closer, gently sitting him onto his lap, and running his hand through the curls, looking deep into the red-rimmed eyes. "Who is it, Harry?"

"I- Lou, I don't know- don't know if it's him," Harry whispered, his eyes showing how frightened he was. "The car. What did it look like?"

Louis hesitated, looking into the distance as he tangled his hands into the curls in front of him and leaned his chin atop of Harry's head. "Um. Red? Like, dark red. Really scratched up, quite vile. Rusty-"