Chapter 2

Aurora's P.O.V.

"That sounds amusing." I say to the noble man standing in front of me.

"I could show you my lands if you're available." He says responding to my name.

I am not quite sure what his name is but I have to find a husband. And I am not going to find one if I keep spending all my time with Bash but at the same time, I love spending time with him. When he surprised me the first day I arrived, it was just beautiful! He brought blankets, pillows, lights, and fruits to the woods where he laid them down. It was quite romantic but were only friends due to the fact that I have to find a husband and he has a bad reputation with ladies.

And I can't ruin my reputation by just hanging out with him.

"I would love that." I tell the 5'10 tall man with light brown hair and brown eyes.

I assume he is a son of a noble since he looks as young as I.

"Aurora, there you are." I hear someone say my name.

"Excuse me." The noble man says before leaving me with whoever called my name.

I turn around to find Queen Katherine.

"Your majesty." I say while bowing down to her.

"I have good news for you. The King of Norway is coming for Elizabeth's weeding." Katherine says speaking to me like she didn't want me to poison someone for her last time I was here.

I had to do it. I couldn't say no or I would be the one being poisoned or beheaded. If I had a choice, I wouldn't have done it.

"You're telling me this because he is single? And looking for a bride?" I ask her before she nods.

"I told you I was going to find you a suitable husband if you did my dirty work." She whispers loud enough for me to hear.

Apart from pressuring me into poisoning someone, Katherine has been like my second mother. I help her with necessities and not only does she leave me alone but is helping me look for a husband.

"To marry a king?" I say shook before she nods.

"You will go from Lady of Italy to Queen of Norway." Katherine says with a smirk.

"And what's the price?" I ask knowing Katherine always does it for her family or money.

"You have an alliance with France."

"Sounds like a fair deal." I say before I see Bash in the end of the corridor.

Bash and I make eye contact before he stops in his tracks. Is he waiting for me to walk towards him?

"If you may pardon me, your majesty." I continue to speak before parting my way with her and going towards Bash.

"Beautiful dress." Bash says as I finish walking towards him.

"Thank you, I just got it from Hungary."

"Are you busy?" Bash asks me being blunt before I smile.

"You want to spend time with me?"

"Who wouldn't? We can go ice skating?" Bash says before I nod.

"I would like that."

"Go get your coat, I'll meet you at the stables." Bash says before I nod and walk away.

Bash and I have been hanging out everyday for the past week. It's cute because we're doing different activities. For example, the first day I arrived we had the picnic. The other activities were cricket, fencing, horse riding, and hunting. To be fair, I won at fencing but Bash let me win of course. He was just trying to be a gentleman but once I practice enough I will be able to beat him.