Chapter One

Ginni's POV

"Honey! Do you have all your clothes packed?" My mom yelled up the stairs from the kitchen.

"Yeppers!" I hollered back exctiedly as I shut the lid and zipped the zipper on the big blue suitcase.

"Alright well do you have everything?" She said as she made her way up the stairs to my bedroom.

I jumped up off the floor and ran out of my room and gave my mom a hug. I wrapped my arms around her and squeezed.

"I can't believe I actually get to go visit grandma and grandpa!" I said as snuggled my way into her arms.She unwrapped my arms and looked me in the eyes with a slight smile on her face.

"You remember to be good sweetheart! But have fun!" She said as she lifted me up and carried me back to my room.

"I know, I know." I replied.

She set me on my pink bed carefully. Then sat down and opened up my suitcase. She unzipped and began pulling out the articles of clothing I had just carefully folded and set into there. She pulled my favorite shirt out. A pink shoulder shirt with orange stripes and pink sparkles all over it.

"Remember your going for a week honey." She said looking up from the mound of clothes that had accumulated on the floor next to my suitcase.

"Yeah." I said quitely, begining to think about how long I wouldnt get to see her for. A full week!

"Alright, I guess we better get going if we want to get to Toronto in time for dinner." My mom said as she began carefully folding all the clothes she had just yanked out of it.

"Yay! Yay! Yay!" I said jumping off of the bed to jump around on the floor next to her. "Hey mommy?"

"Yes honey?" She asked sweetly.

"Can we go to a montanas for dinner?" I said laughing, because everytime I have been to the Toronto airport we have always went to the Montanas right across the street from the airport. And everytime we watch the airplanes take-off and fly through the air into the clouds.

"Of course! We always do, and we can switch it up can we?" She said with a hint of laughter hidden in her voice.

I laughed then hugged her and told her I was going to miss her and Dad. Which she replied with an I love you too and don't worry your only gone for a week. Even though I could tell she was hiding a bit of tears in her eyes.

She looked up grinning and then put the last pair of shorts in my bag before zipping it up. I could see in her eyes she was going to miss me. But I knew I was going to have fun. And grandma has a computer that I can use to email Mom. She stood up and grabbed my bag then told me to get some socks on and go downstairs to say goodbye to everyone. She left the room lugging the bag behind her and then down the wooden stairs making a sudden thud as it dropped off the edge of each step.

I pulled on my favourite socks. Pink and fluffy with little blue bubbles covering them. My great grandma had gotten them for me about 2 years ago. She passed away at the begining of the year due to cancer. Lung cancer. My mom tells me it was because she smoked and then she told me never to smoke when I'm older or that could happen to me.

Remembering her is faint, since I rarely got to meet her before she had passed away. I think my parents have tried to keep this a secret from me because everytime I bring  it up they always change the subject, I don't mind this because I have never liked the subject of death. 

I jumped up off the bed and I looked at myself in the mirror. I pulled my hair around my shoulder then unknotted my hair with my sparkly pink hair comb. I made a funny face then set down my brush and walked towards the door. I shut the door after taking a quick glance around the room and whispering goodbye, see you in a week then skipped towards the school.

Once I got downstairs my Dad and Kile came over to me with a little white bag filled with pink tissue paper. I gratefully took it from them with a questiong look on my face.

"What's this for?" I asked feeling very confused.

"Well we thought that you might want a little something to remember us by." My dad said smiling as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Oh!" I said happily. I set it onto the floor and then I knelt down and began opening it. Inside I pulled out a little brown stuffed bear with a baby pink ribbon around its neck. I picked up and then jumped up and gave them both hugs, thanking them at the same time.

"Well your welcome now have fun sweetheart, you guys gotta get going now." He said as he gave me a giant bear hug.

"Yeah Gin, we gotta get your bag in the car and go. We have a long dirve ahead of us." My mom said as she picked up my bag and opened up the front door. I pulled on my boots then ran back to my dad. I gave him one last hug telling him I loved him then gave my brother one.

"Alright well you heard what she said! Bye I'm gonna miss you!" I said as I stepped out the door and my mom shut it behind me.

I looked in the front window and saw my Dad make a funny face then he blew me a kiss before making a slight wave to me as I opened the door to the car. I sat in the car while I waited for my Mom to get the bags into the trunck. Once they were in she came around jumped into the front and started the car. She backed up and pulled out onto the road. I took one last look at our big green house before turning back around in my seat. If I knew it might have been my last look at the house I would have never turned back around.

~~~~~~~~

This chapter I meant to kind of let you get to know her family and there bond I hope the ending left you hanging!

~Amy :]