Overcoming The Pain- Kakashi X Reader

The second awareness began to cut through the darkness, pain filled every space of your mind. You desperately tried to cling to the darkness, the agony too much too handle, but luck didn't seem to be on your side, and you woke up despite your struggles.

"(Y/N)? Oh, thank god you're okay..." Your eyes fluttered open, and you saw a blob of silver. You blinked heavily until your vision cleared, and Kakashi's worried face went into focus.

"Kashi?" He gently clasped your hand in his, a small smile on your face. "How are you feeling?" You let out a whimper in response.

Your back felt like someone had taken a hammer to it and your head seemed to throb to the beat of its own rock concert.

"They said you were lucky to be alive..." He whispered, rubbing circles into your knuckles, "You were pushed over the side of a two-story cliff..."

You clenched your eyes shut as another wave of pain racked your body. "I didn't die... but I wish I did..." Kakashi's eyes widened, and you swore you saw them glisten a little. "Don't say that. Please don't say that."

As gently as he could, he lifted you up into his arms, and your tense form instantly relaxed. Even though you were in a great deal of pain, Kakashi's hug seemed to dull it, just a little.
Instantly, you regretted your words. You knew the pain would fade, even if it didn't feel like it, but death was permanent.

"'M sorry, Kashi," You apologized into the crook of his neck. He soothingly rubbed your back with one hand and your hair with the other. "It's okay, I know it hurts, but you don't have to suffer alone, okay?" You nodded, weakly, but gratefully.

As long as you both had each other, there was a reason to overcome the pain.