Homecoming Part 5

I saw Finn and detective Moreno flirting as I walked with Liston ,Ecklie and Russell we all walked in to the break room ,all except Crenshaw who went to talk to Finlay and Moreno . "Okay so this is no longer about Gilmore's marriage problems ,this is about drugs " I say to our small group . "Detective Kimball was following up on all the Donny Price action and that is why I asked him to join us" Sheriff Liston says looking at all of us . " What about Veronica Gilmore according to these records she was arrested for possession of narcotics " I say handing them to the sheriff and glaring at Kimball. " I should've been hooked in on this!" Sheriff Liston says raising her voice at Kimball . "Why because you and Gilmore are friends ?" Kimball asks "Because I am your boss" she says glaring at him. When the meeting was done I was heading out when I noticed Nick in the break room ,I made my way in and kissed him on the cheek "Hey " he said gesturing me to sit down . " Nick there is something I need to tell you " I say sitting down . " Guys we have to have a family meeting " Greg and Sara walk in . "Great not again I can't tell him " I think to myself as Nick and I get comfy next to each other . "IVIS report came back on the bullets that killed Donny Price and his body guard " Greg says standing next to Sara " Gun was traced back to a cop who discharged the weapon during domestic disturbance back in 2008 but the case was tossed "Greg says . " Weapon was returned to the officer " Greg continues . "guys not to be mean but get to the point " I say . "Where are we going with this ?" Russell says . "Its Jeffery Mckeen" Sara says glancing at me and Nick . "you have got to be kidding me " I say getting up . "Who's Jeffery Mckeen ?" Finn asks . "Former under sherieff now serving life I read his file when I first got here " Russell explained . "Yea he killed a good friend of mine C.S.I Warrik Brown " Nick tells Finlay . I stare at the ceiling trying to stop the tears from falling . (Flash back : "nooo Warrik please no " I walked with Catherine as I saw Nick crying I made my way towards him "Nicole ,Mckeen killed him he shot him " Nick said crying into my shirt "Nick where is Grissom ?'" Catherine asked her eyes blood shot from crying ,Nick only pointed at the alley . end of flashback ) . "Nicole are you okay ?" I hear Nick's voice ,I notice everybody is gone except Nick ."Nicole this is going to be hard ,Russell wants us to talk to Mckeen " I stare blankly at him "what ?,no way Nick you know I can't do that " I say holding him close "I'll kill him you know I will " I say just letting the tears run down my cheeks . "its okay you can wait outside. I head over to the interoggation room with Nick and Russell. I stand outside and watch Mckeen talk to Nick and Russell. I notice Nick gets tense and walks out " Baby what's wrong ?" I say he hugs me "Nothing its going to be okay " He says hugging me tighter . I watch Greg and Sara from the otherside ." Hey Nicole " Greg says sitting down across from me " Hey "I say . "what's wrong ?" He asks with worry ."Its just that this is bringing back to many memories you know and well Greg I am pregnant and I haven't told Nick and and " I just burst into tears ,he gets up and walks up to me and hugs me " its going to be okay and Nick is a very lucky man Nicole " he says making me smile a bit. "Thanks Sanders " I say making him smile back .