Chapter 31

Naina was reluctant to leave the warmth of her husband’s arms wrapped protectively around her even in his sleep. His right leg lay curved tight around her lower body, making it impossible for her to slip out without waking him up. Lifting her head from his arm, she gazed at him, letting her fingers lightly trace the day old stubble. She loved the feel of its roughness against her skin when he nestled her neck, which he did pretty often.

“You’re staring,” he said, his eyes closed and mouth twitching at the corners.

Beaming at hearing his husky voice, she laid her head back on his arm and closed her eyes. “No, I’m sleeping.”

“Huh hmm?” Varun splayed his hand on her bare back beneath her top, pressing her closer and rolled on top of her. “Liar,” he rasped roughly into her ear.

She groaned, enjoying the way his body molded perfectly to hers. Opening her eyes, she grinned at her husband. She wrapped her legs around him, and shifted till she felt his arousal press into her through his shorts.

“Raj,” she pleaded on a breathy moan and was rewarded with a thorough kiss, his mouth fusing with hers to steal her breath away.

Early morning was her favorite time for love-making; best way to start the day. Usually it started slow with each taking their time to explore but today was different – there was hunger in the way they came together - no time for lazy explorations but only a passionate taking of what was theirs. There was wild interplay of conquer and surrender as they immersed themselves in marking their territory on each other’s body, heart, and soul.

Gloriously spent, Naina buried her face into Varun’s heaving chest. His fingers threaded deep into her tangled hair and pulled her head up to look into her eyes.

“I love you,” he said fiercely, his fingers digging into her scalp.

They stayed locked in each other’s embrace for a long while; their eyes spoke volumes through the moisture gathering in them.

“I know,” she said finally and smiled.

“You better!” He said seriously and took her lips in a sensually slow kiss that made her toes curl into the bedcover.

It had been a glorious start to their day. The sun was out, the events of the night before, nearly forgotten. The family of four lounged in the living room – Ria busy playing lego and chattering constantly with her dadima who tried hard to read a magazine.

“What’s for lunch?” asked Varun, flicking through the TV channels in quick succession.

“You just had breakfast!” Naina huffed. “Will you stop at a channel…any channel? It’s annoying, Raj!”

“You’re watching TV? Thought you were busy watching me,” he said lazily, grinning at her.

“Very funny!” She threw a large cushion at him. It flew off his head.

Varun chuckled and ruffled his hair. “Ma…your son is getting beaten and you’re not saying anything?”

Ria covered her giggles behind her small hands. His mother peeked at both of them over her round spectacle rims.

“Naina, try belan* next time. Use Ria’s lego box for now,” she offered.

Varun feigned horror and gasped while Ria quickly grabbed the lego box off the floor and gave it to her mother.

“Why you little evil munchkin! Come here!” Varun lunged for his daughter, caught her around her waist and pulled her down onto the couch. He tickled her mercilessly growling like Simba.