1. The Countdown Started

I woke up on my bed. The dream I just had gave me an uneasy feeling. Well, the dream itself wasn't really scary. But somehow it managed to give me a chill on my spine. I decided not to care, because it might be just an ordinary nightmare.

Thinking like that, I crawled down my bed, unwillingly, since weariness seemed to hang onto my eyes so stubbornly. I decided to ditch school as soon as I found out that it was already too late to go after all. I yawned as I walked slowly towards the bathroom upon washing my face and brushing my teeth clean.

Even after having washed my face, I found myself couldn't resist the fatigue that had been piled up. So I jumped on my bed and closed my eyes the second my body touched the bed.

As I was unable to get rid of fatigue I had been feeling, I quickly fell deep in the land of dream-not, because my phone rang, producing a sound loud enough to cancel my intention to sleep once again. I grumbled as I stood up and picked the phone that was lying on my TV table. I cursed whosoever

number that popped out on the screen, before tapping on the green button.

"Akihisa Yamato-san? This is from Saitama Police Department. If you'd have nothing to do then we'd like to invite you to come to confirm your innocence in the bombing incident-well, you should know, right?-that happened yesterday in Miyasaki Amusement Park. Ah, sorry for being so inconsiderate. Perhaps you are currently having lessons in your school, judging from your age?"

"Well, no. I was feeling unwell so I ditched school."

"Oh, I'm sorry to disturb your rest then. You can come anytime as soon as your body has-"

"No, I will come now. I already had enough rest after all. But, I want you to answer this first. Why'd you suspect me, an ordinary citizen about the bombing incident I-"

"Ah, I'm sorry. Perhaps you misunderstand our intention, Yamato-kun. We will be questioning you as one of the precious witnesses, not as one of the suspects. We're honestly, having trouble finding the real culprit. Thus, we want to find information as much as possible."

"I understand. I will come an hour from now."

"Thank you so much for your understanding, Yamato-kun. I can't wait to meet you in person."

I hung up the phone.

(Can't be helped).

I sighed, sluggishly prompting my body to move towards bathroom.

An hour later, I stood up in front of 24-stories building with height probably reached 300m. It was none other than Saitama Police Department. There were so many people wearing coats, coming in and out, giving off tense feeling. As I was looking around, some guy approached me. Probably the caller who disturbed my peaceful morning.

He was a man around 30 years old, emanating a protective aura where one would feel safe being around him, giving the fact that he was a police. Moreover a sharp gaze, thin lips and pointed nose adorned his box-shaped face showing his experience in most likely, facing death.

"Nice to meet you. I am Toujo Hiba. I was the one who gave you a call this morning. Well, how's your body? Still feeling unwell?"

This Toujo man smiled warmly, showing me his police badge as a proof that he was a real police.

"If I do still feel unwell, I wouldn't have come in the first place."

"Oh, that's right. How stupid of me. Well then, how about going to that restaurant over there to have a nice talk? It's time for lunch after all. I'll treat you, Yamato-kun."

"Thank you so much for your offer. Then, allow me to order the most expensive one, Hiba-san."

I just retorted bluntly, in reply of his friendly attitude. As for the reason why I replied coldly towards his friendly act, it's just that he had something that pissed me off. Maybe you can call it man's intuition? Apart from emanating that safe aura I mentioned, I just felt like he wasn't a nice man. I felt like there was something behind his fake smile. And it was my first impression on Toujo. Well, I didn't want to judge a person only by my hunch but maybe I should be wary of him.